Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: 12v Battery drain
« Last post by Gohedo on Today at 07:59:48 PM »
Thanks for your reply. The battery is 9 months old, can't tell you what the numbers/code is as the car is with the auto-electrician but will have a look when I get the car back. They did a drain test on it and the mechanic said it was a normal 0.02 drain.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: 12v Battery drain
« Last post by olduser1 on Today at 04:52:06 PM »
First off how old is the battery the makers all place a code or numbers and letters on the battery usually on the top .

Second point get your garage or mechanic to test for battery drain there a set process which will I'd the causes.
One you've solved this then think about trickle charger these are invaluable before colder days are upon us. I've used  the CTEK without any issues.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Which Honda Jazz GE (2008-on) do you own?
« Last post by Gohedo on Today at 03:57:57 PM »
I've been trying to establish which model I have, nobody seems to be able to tell me. It's a Hybrid/FIT  2012 Japanese import, how can I find out which model it is?
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / 12v Battery drain
« Last post by Gohedo on Today at 03:24:48 PM »
Have a 2012 Jazz FIT imported from Japan registered in UK 2023, only 50000 miles on clock, gorgeous car, loks like they make them better for their own market. Have a problem with the 12v Battery, after leaving the car standing for 3/4 days the battery is dead. At the moment it is with an auto electrician who has done a diagnostics test on the battery and everything is A1, charging ok, holding a charge, the alternator working fine, and showing a drain of 0.02 which they say is normal , the only thing that they could find was that the battery was a little on the low side(which would be right being as i just jump started it to get to the electricians which was only about 8 miles). So they charged the battery fully and left it overnight, when they tested it the following morning the battery had lost 1/2 a volt. They recharged it and left it 3 nights and the battery was just enough to start the car but very low.
Any ideas as to what may be causing the drain???
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Reset head unit?
« Last post by ndavey1 on Today at 02:19:18 PM »
I found an option in settings to reset back to factory settings. This appears to have worked (scary for a while as the screen remained black for ages).

Many thanks.
« Last post by Marco1979 on Today at 11:36:36 AM »
Since the power button also is a digital button, it might not function as a result of the crash. Remove the fuse maybe?
« Last post by ndavey1 on Today at 10:37:02 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I tried this but it did not do anything. No restart at all. The CarPlay screen was displaying correctly but no sound on anything. Then if I try dab radio I get no sound, and if I change volume it just shows voice volume and then gets stuck on waiting for speech input. CarPlay then crashes as a frozen black screen. Very frustrating.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Front Tyre edge wear
« Last post by coldstart on July 12, 2024, 09:45:52 PM »
Reading this post has prompted me to check the tyres on my new Mk4 Advance (3 weeks old & 550 miles) which was supplied with Yokohama Blue-earth-A tyres.
Tread depth is only 6.5 mm :( which I guess, confirms what others have said, regarding OE tyres.

Please also have a look at https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/sitemap.html with special regard to the "Tyre label sheet" of the respective models. Interestingly, there is no mention of the Yokohama tyres for the Jazz  :o
Please also note, that Honda seems not to care about the Jazz owners because there is no tyre listed with a wet grip rating better than B (the majority being C - or worse) where as the HRV comes with Michelin tyres with an A rating - go figure!

(btw: That's why I leaned on my dealership to have Michelin Primacy 4+ installed instead of the crappy BlueEarth things and I am more than pleased with my choice!)

Addendum:   (build your own opinion)
https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Yokohama/BluEarth-AE01.htm
https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Michelin/Primacy-4-Plus.htm

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: TripA reset
« Last post by coldstart on July 12, 2024, 09:28:24 PM »
However, there are several options available, to suit a drivers particular requirements.

Well, I miss an option for "todays travels" - reset at every startup simply doesn't cut it imho.

I have set A to reset at fuel-up and B to reset manually (I use that as a "todays travels" meter).
My preference is to keep note of the total consumption by a spreadsheat (hello @aphybrid) *and* at spritmonitor.de as they provide some quite insightful statistics not easyly garnered from a mere spreadsheet (sorry @aphybrid).

Moreover, I have found the reports of the on-board measuring to be off to the lower side compared to my calculations.
The more so, the more "regenrative driving" is involved.

Whilst talking about the tailgate, I have a slightly different problem. as per the attached photo.

AFAIK this warning can be disabled somewhere in the obtuse settings menu (at least in the MY24).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10