Author Topic: Disappointed with on board Navigation  (Read 5315 times)

CB72

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
Disappointed with on board Navigation
« on: September 28, 2023, 03:37:28 PM »
On board Navigation went on the blink, couldn't get it to find any locations even Go Home, nearly did a factory reset but then I found a post by Steve_M 1. forcestop the navigation app - General settings> System> Detail Information> App Manager then find navigation in the list and select it and select the forcestop button. go back to Home screen and reopen the Navigation app. This did the trick, now working correctly.  This got me thinking, is there anyway to backup my favourites etc, they have that on the Yaris. There is no way to upload a custom route, this is avaliable on Honda motorbikes with Garmin, why not on Honda cars. No traffic info and red light speed camera warnings which I had on my standalone garmin in my last car plus route upload and backup.  Why have we got a lower spec navigation on the Jazz? Might use Google Maps but that doesn't always fireup when using wireless android auto, it's a pain having to plug the phone in everytime.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Disappointed with on board Navigation
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 03:56:18 PM »
I used to use wireless Android Auto but it was so slow and unreliable I now use the plug in method. Far superior.

When I use Google Maps there's never been anywhere it can't find.

For speed cameras I use Speedtrap Alert via wireless so it mutes the audio, issues the alert then returns the audio volume.
Let's be careful out there !

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2023, 07:38:03 PM »
On my SR jazz I just use Waze on my iPhone . It works well on Bluetooth or if I plug it into the port socket it works equally well. The only random behaviour is the volume of the commentary . It’s better if I’m listening to watsapp rather than the radio as it cuts out the music when making a Waze announcement- the radio just carries on in the background often. No doubt a setting somewhere to resolve 🤣

ahavoja

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Crosstar 2024
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 11:20:20 PM »
On board Navigation went on the blink, couldn't get it to find any locations even Go Home, nearly did a factory reset but then I found a post by Steve_M 1. forcestop the navigation app - General settings> System> Detail Information> App Manager then find navigation in the list and select it and select the forcestop button.
The Garmin navigation on my Jazz got stuck today. I couldn't set any destination. I tried turning off the car and restarting, but it didn't help. Then I followed the above instructions and it fixed the problem. Thanks for the tip. Great to have this forum. :)

Tags: