Author Topic: airbag light  (Read 4844 times)

bukko0

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.2 jazz
airbag light
« on: November 04, 2019, 02:46:14 PM »
hi, i have a 2004 1.2 honda jazz which has an airbag light fault, the light is on permanently, with a fault code of 07-9
front right side airbag sensor faulty, i have changed the sensor ,same code,had the wiring checked ,no fault,changed the ecu, still the same fault code, anyone got any  ideas  what i can do next ?

Brendan976

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 1 Gd 2004,dsi cvt 1.4
Re: airbag light
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 09:07:18 PM »
Hi

Have a look at the hondajazzfit site

http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual.html
( cut and paste thecabove purl into a web browser / Safari.

There is a detailed description on how to diagnose most Dtc faults, and how to trouble shoot them.

Regards

Ben

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 09:28:55 PM »
hi, i have a 2004 1.2 honda jazz which has an airbag light fault, the light is on permanently, with a fault code of 07-9
front right side airbag sensor faulty, i have changed the sensor ,same code,had the wiring checked ,no fault,changed the ecu, still the same fault code, anyone got any  ideas  what i can do next ?

Are you sure the code is 7-9?

Faulty front right sensor is code 9-7. If it is that, follow the fault finding procedure here

http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/HTML/00/SAA2E00K79100081097FAAT00.HTML

bukko0

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 10:18:29 AM »
thank you sparky paul, you are right the fault code is 09-7 and not 07-9, thanks for the info it is very helpful regards Tony

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 03:56:39 PM »
thank you sparky paul, you are right the fault code is 09-7 and not 07-9, thanks for the info it is very helpful regards Tony

It's a page from the manual Brendan posted above, you will find all manner of useful things there.

bukko0

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 12:09:42 PM »
hi again , i have tried two different front right sensors, two different ecu's,  wired the sensor directly into the ecu bypassing the original wiring and it still comes up with the same fault code. 09-7  faulty right front airbag sensor. is there anything else i can try , that i have not already done. does the ecu reset its self or does it have to be honda reset.
any help would be appreciated, thanks

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 01:16:32 PM »
It might be worth while having a bona fide auto electrician check it out. I had an issue with the SRS on my Volvo and it was fixed quickly and relatively cheaply after a visit to my local auto electrician.

bukko0

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 05:55:10 PM »
have been there and done that £145.00, he said it must be the ecu, hence the change , but still the same fault code comes up

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 06:43:32 PM »
I think the light should go off by itself for that fault, but it does say to clear the SRS ECU memory in the page linked to above, if you still have problems.

However, I'm guessing you changed the ECU after the sensor?

bukko0

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2019, 12:52:44 PM »
hi there all ,, i have tried everything  suggested, but still no joy i still have fault code 09-7, apart from a stick of dynamite, any other thoughts ?

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2019, 08:44:48 PM »
Was it a new sensor or a used one? OEM or factor part?

Have you swapped L & R sensors to see if the fault moves to the left side or not?

bukko0

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2019, 11:16:32 PM »
it was a new sensor from the honda main dealers and swapping the sensors over still came up with the same code. i even tried connecting the sensor directly to the ecu but the fault was still the same, which is why i am at a loss as to what  to do next

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 09:04:50 AM »
it was a new sensor from the honda main dealers and swapping the sensors over still came up with the same code. i even tried connecting the sensor directly to the ecu but the fault was still the same, which is why i am at a loss as to what  to do next

Well, that rules out sensor, and you would think it would rule out wiring.

When you changed the ECU, had you already changed the sensor?

I think the next step for me would be to connect HDS and try to reset the codes on the SRS, see what comes back up. As far as I can make out, the code should reset itself once the bad sensor is replaced, but it obviously isn't doing.

For you to have picked up a bad SRS module with the same fault seems very unlikely. So long as the donor vehicle had not deployed airbags, it should be ok - otherwise the ECU would be locked.

bukko0

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2019, 11:47:57 AM »
i Changed the sensor and the ecu with the battery disconnectedand reconnected the battery , no change,connecting my analyser to the multi plug socket , under Heading SRS it comes up with permanent fault, underneath that is temporary fault. reading the fault code 09-7, on do you wish to clear code , yes, command being sent to unit, the fault code is still there, and it will not clear.. the reason i am trying to cure the fault without going to another auto electrician is that i am now  well over two hundred pounds into the kitty and still no joy, i do appreciate your help but how much do i have to
throw at the car to get it running normally

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2019, 01:33:08 PM »
Not familiar with your code reader, only have experience with using HDS and basic OBD2 on the Jazz. However, I would have thought a temporary fault would indicate that the fault is cleared, but the code is not being reset for some reason. Not sure. Some diagnostic tools cannot access ancilliary systems fully.

I think I would be looking for someone with access to HDS, perhaps a good independent rather than main dealer. There are a small number of members on here with HDS who might be able to help, if you post your general location, or might be able to recommend someone.

Tags:

anything