Diagnostics, Tuning, Modifications and Maintenance - all Hondas > Car Care & Detailing

Tcut then polish!

(1/3) > >>

Spencer69:
Hi all and hope each enjoying weather. Now am in better health as title says will be tcutting car as have always done with 'new' car.
So am after advice opinions in following:
Tcutting with pads and cordless drill (usually attacked this by hand but now tire too easily)
Following above will be using renew polish, again with pads and drill.
Know have done own research and plenty of youtube so not really scared of using pads for 1st time, but any words of wisdom are welcome.
Ooh, last point, obviously will wash car before above but when should I deal with chips and scratches? In my mind should be done once above tcut and polish have been done as will give me clean areas which need attention. Thank you for any replies.

Jocko:
I am loath to T-Cut cars these days as it is just a thin clear lacquer top coat. With my Jazz, I hand-rubbed it with a clay bar before waxing.

Derkie54:
There's not that much paint either, I used to watch the cars going through the paint booth I suppose on an Aston or Rolls etc you would get several coats of paint, not the case with your average family car.

Spencer69:
Cheers both. Now that does surprise me. Only as when did by hand, with alot of elbow grease and time on each panel thought would equate to 1 or 2 light passes with pad and drill, cutting down the time and elbow grease.
I know that many vids comment on burning the paint, but with tcut/polish applied and making sure always wet with sprayer to hand, hoped I had this covered!
(May have to try on neighbours 2019 car 1st...whilst he is in hospital!)
Now got me thinking....

Spencer69:
PS. Actually may just try renew polish before going to tcut. See how that goes and what results achieved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version