Author Topic: Front wide view camera startup failure  (Read 8131 times)

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Front wide view camera startup failure
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2022, 06:04:02 PM »
Futher thought: Would Honda to kind enough to include the latest version of the RDMS in this major system update? It must be part of the same system.

Hi John
Can you tell us what the difference is, can it be disabled permanently?
I'm only guessing but I got the impression that the RDMS in the new HR-V is better behaved. Honda will never admit that they got RDMS wrong but I'm sure that they noted the adverse comments.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2022, 05:06:30 AM »
After a post here I looked at the Honda UK site Mk4 Jazz owner reviews.

That was quite a while ago now but a very high proportion complained about RDMS, including me when I got the invite link to post a review.
Let's be careful out there !

PaulC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz eHEV Luxe
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2022, 10:01:26 PM »
After the car was updated with new software to fix the front camera problem, did UK and European owners get given the option to set RDMS to "Warning only"?
Can someone whose car has been update check this for us?

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e-HEV EX and 2019 CRV e-HEV SR
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2022, 10:11:18 AM »
Like Kremmen, I have got to the point where I turn off RDMS at the start of each drive (when I remember that is!) though it usually involves 3 button pushes.

Don’t understand why there isn’t a simple on/off switch like there is on our CRV 2019 hybrid. Additionally, the CRV RDMS stays set at the last position when restarting the car so you don’t need to turn it off again each time you fire up. Far more sensible?
From the advert "Who knows where you’ll go?"

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2022, 09:46:52 AM »
My Crosstar is going in for a service on Monday so I asked about the recall but they said the last one they did took six hours due to the software download taking so long. You'd have thought they could hold a copy locally rather than have to download it from Honda for each car, but I don't think garages are particularly tech-savvy when it comes to this area of expertise? Anyway I'll have to book it in for a separate appointment.

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2022, 04:17:05 PM »
Well, I had the software update done today. I asked the service guy what were the changes/improvements and got the reply “It is just a general update as the cars can be 2 or more years old now”.

I drove about 8 miles, mainly urban with RDMS left on and it didn’t operate once. It is of course the  country roads that will be the true test. As for all the other safety features I have never had any issue with them so difficult to do a before/after comparison.

JJazz

• Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2022, 05:36:41 PM »
I got my first service today and they said I didn’t need any updates (invoice says ‘check for product safety recalls all OK’). I had asked for sat nav update but they said couldn’t do it as Garmin website down. £275 for the service. Fair value?.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2022, 05:42:58 PM »
£275 for the first service that is only an oil and filter change !

JJazz

• Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2022, 05:55:53 PM »
Kremmen, here it is. They sent me my vehicle health check video to watch while I was waiting. A salesman said to me 5 year service plan worth £1500 now.

Sportse posted this on services

I had an email from the Honda/MG dealer about my service (so much for Honda’s online servicing record - it’s already been done) with prices.

Looks like the servicing prices have shot up:

Year 1 - £275

Year 2 -£466!

Year 3 - £325

Plus £95 a go for a brake fluid change.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 06:31:58 PM by JJazz »

guest11413

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2022, 07:33:15 PM »
Loocks like take time for system to recalibrate itself, first week after upfate rdms worked only on speeds faster then 60km/h,  almost no reaction on changing lanes on far or normal setting, now set it on close so it should keep car in center of lane and rdms working excellent, without single disconection  so far on same roads where it crashed before update.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2022, 05:58:46 AM »
I had my first service last week and the list of work was the oil and filter and a list of safety checks.

I don't know what else they did but the radio was tuned to FM, the AC was turned down to LO and for the third time, last 2 on my Civic, they left my fog lights switch on.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2022, 07:51:09 AM »
I had my first service last week and the list of work was the oil and filter and a list of safety checks.

I don't know what else they did but the radio was tuned to FM, the AC was turned down to LO and for the third time, last 2 on my Civic, they left my fog lights switch on.
Radio tuned to FM ->  the system could have been upgraded, or the battery has been disconnected.
AC set to LO -> when mechanics change the air pollen filter, often they set the fan to MAX to avoid dust overstep the filter bay. Setting the AC to LOW or MAX usually brings the fan to run at MAX. Another reason could be they sanitized the cabin and air ducts, so they set the AC to max while spraying something in the cabin.
Fog Lights ON: mechanics checked your lamps, and they forgot to set them off.
I gave a look at the receipt posted by JJAZZ, the biggest part of the amount in the bill is labour, not parts as oil, filters, gaskets, liquids... In official workshops the part of labour comes from a preset number of hours multiplied for the our price, I presume that everywhere in UK the price will be the same.

Wonder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2022, 05:42:20 PM »
Hello,
today I did the update of the control units (the recall made by Honda) it took about 3 hours.
I have not been issued anything about the work done, but I don't know if any receipts for the work done had to be issued?
The things that left me amazed are two, I found the car with the air conditioning set to almost the minimum temperature (16.5 degrees Celsius) and then the on-board computer which showed a consumption of 42 liters per 100 kilometers, but in reality the car did not cover even a kilometer, the total kilometers were always the same as when I delivered the car to the workshop.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2022, 09:51:42 AM »
Hello,
today I did the update of the control units (the recall made by Honda) it took about 3 hours.
I have not been issued anything about the work done, but I don't know if any receipts for the work done had to be issued?
The things that left me amazed are two, I found the car with the air conditioning set to almost the minimum temperature (16.5 degrees Celsius) and then the on-board computer which showed a consumption of 42 liters per 100 kilometers, but in reality the car did not cover even a kilometer, the total kilometers were always the same as when I delivered the car to the workshop.
Its quite possible that the update e involves re booting the computer systems  back to default settings  , which might be 16.5C . This may have been higher when the car was delivered when new  because it had been altered manually as part of factory  or pre delivery checks.    Or they simply set it at minimum to quickly check it was working after the update.

Not long ago I had a consumption of about 42 litres per 100km  for the first  couple of hundred metres after filling the tank  . (my speedometer etc was  set to km/litres , not miles. )Because, I think, I immediately had to stop at a red traffic light, and the engine was running for  a couple of minutes (due to aircon?) but no actual distance was covered.  It soon returned to normal.   Same could have happened in the workshop. Fuel range set to zero by default,  but then the engine was running and using some fuel in the workshop while they carried out tests, - they have used several minutes of fuel but only actually driven the car 100 metres.

Personally I am happy to accept when a mechanic may have to spend quite some time in the car   updating computers etc that he or she might not like my taste in music and set their own.   :-*
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 10:45:23 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Jazzdriver

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 63 mpg
  • My Honda: 2014 1.4 ES+ CVT and 2022 Crosstar replacing 2021 Crosstar written off
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2022, 10:19:38 AM »
Quote from: Kremmen link=topic=14995.msg124059#msg124059 date=1662008326

I don't know what else they did but the radio was tuned to FM.
[/quote

Was it tuned to "radio car mechanic"?

I have been outside workshops where there are 4 or so mechanics/technicians working on cars (often high on lifts), each mechanic/technician having the radio for his car blaring out his favourite radio station at full volume and competing with his colleagues' radios and noisy tools.

Tags: