Author Topic: Head on collision in my Crosstar  (Read 7666 times)

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
Re: Head on collision in my Crosstar
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2022, 05:10:22 PM »
... I hope Honda are wondering why their top-notch crash protection failed to minimise the damage to the driver. ...
For info, test here

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2022, 08:45:54 PM »
Best wishes for a speedy recovery to you both.
Glad to hear about the actions of the Police.
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

Johnocyprus

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT, 2007 CRV EX, 2022 C125 SuperCub, 2003 Izzy
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2022, 11:27:03 PM »
Just seen this, my best wishes go to you for a speedy recovery from a very nasty collision.  I’m shocked that your car did so little to protect you whilst the other driver fared so much better in a Skoda Fabia. 

The OP posted on our forum and hopefully we can support him and give useful advice. I suggest we keep this thread just to help him and perhaps those of you that want to inform us of their local roads and discussions about crash dummies etc etc do so on separate threads.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2022, 12:05:22 AM »
Just seen this too. In all my many decades of driving, I've had a few very close shaves with cars on the wrong side of the road, but nothing like this. Shocking.

I hope you can both make a full recovery.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2022, 09:57:48 AM »
I’m shocked that your car did so little to protect you whilst the other driver fared so much better in a Skoda Fabia. 

This is the question that should be worrying all owners of Jazz & Crosstar - what went wrong?

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2022, 11:57:41 AM »
I was surprised and somewhat dismayed to se that the HR-V has only 4 star rating!.
BTW,
There are no new Crosstars available anywhere according to my dealer and they have completely disappeared from Autotrader.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

jamjar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2022, 01:35:10 PM »
I was surprised and somewhat dismayed to se that the HR-V has only 4 star rating!.
BTW,
There are no new Crosstars available anywhere according to my dealer and they have completely disappeared from Autotrader.

There is one crosstar available:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202205155724922?postcode=nw41pp&sort=relevance&newCarHasDeal=on&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&radius=1501&model=Jazz&include-delivery-option=on&aggregatedTrim=Crosstar%20EX&advertising-location=at_cars&make=Honda&year-from=new&page=1

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2022, 06:05:56 PM »
That must have come on after I looked. Yesterday they weren't even listed on Autotrader.
 Let's hope Jazz driver can get his insurance company to buy it.
Good luck.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2022, 07:29:33 AM »
I wonder if all available tech components have been moved to the new Civic e:HEV with examples due to be available in October ?
Let's be careful out there !

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2022, 07:52:39 AM »
A TV documentary several years ago with a head on country lane incident between a Dsi Jazz and another vehicle,, the Jazz driver , in his 60s,  remained conscious and aware and talkative, his long-term medical needs from the accident, a knee  injury corrected by an artificial knee joint
The other driver, in his 30s, driving  an old  car was in a terrible state, as an older car, the front of his car simply destroyed , there followed  a jaws of life extraction with full monitoring  by the medics through the extraction, just as well, as the driver entered  cardiac arrest during extraction, and required resuscitation, so severe his injuries , at the hospital  he was placed in an medically induced coma to save his life.
The programme ended with an interview with the surgeon and an X-ray plate showing  shattered legbones of the driver of the old car.  The surgeon said, "the worst leg injuries I have ever seen" then adding " the other leg was the same".
The old car was so badly damaged it was not easy to identify by TV  viewers, but I think it was an old Fiesta of the mid 1980's.
Watching the documentary showed  how much progress has been made in occupant protection in a crash,  that even our elderly Dsi Jazz cars fared so well in an incident is encouraging.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 08:32:09 AM by E27006 »

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2022, 08:15:39 AM »
BTW,

The rating system for a vehicle needs your personal analysis, the final overall rating is determined by the lowest rating of any of subsection  of the complete test series of subtests, you could have a car which scores 5 stars in 9 sub-tests, and 1 star in 1 subtest and the car is rated as a 1 star, another car could score 3 stars in every sub-test and be given a far higher 3-star rating.  it is worth reading the results in full  and seeing through the fog!
Example Vauxhall Mokka,  4 stars, Dacia Sandero, 2 stars, reading the subtests, both cars were 4 stars in each subtest except for the Sandero which had a poor rating for the "driver following too close to the vehicle ahead"  system,  If you are a good driver  do you really need that system in your car?  I certainly do not, the ratings need personal interpretation not only a cursory glimpse of the  overall rating
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 08:19:45 AM by E27006 »

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2022, 10:07:45 AM »
I hope you and your daughter make a good recovery & you manage to sort out all the insurance issues.
Years ago I came around a bend on a main road to find 2 lorries side by side one overtaking another, with one on my side of the road, I ended up on the grass verge to avoid them. I was very lucky to have avoided a nasty accident, my car was undamaged when it was checked over a the local dealer. Cars were not as safe then, there were no airbags or anti-lock brakes on cars in those days.

Jazzdriver

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 63 mpg
  • My Honda: 2014 1.4 ES+ CVT and 2022 Crosstar replacing 2021 Crosstar written off
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2022, 07:44:53 PM »
I hope you and your daughter make a good recovery & you manage to sort out all the insurance issues.

Thanks.  I am now home, on crutches and will be on crutches for quite some time.

The problems with the claims management company and solicitors through my legal expenses cover are unbelievable and are the last thing I want to be dealing with when I have so many other things to attend to.  Insurance is meant to provide peace of mind and to deal with such matters for you.  I have already made a complaint to the claims management company and will happily refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service if their response is unsatisfactory or not received within 8 weeks. 

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2022, 06:27:27 AM »
Not the first time I've heard of third party claims management being pathetic.

Hope you're on the mend and it all gets sorted.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2022, 01:07:08 PM »
Crown Honda Bushey have a new one but whether it's sold ?

or waiting for a part for that damaged plastic trim, or is that bit supposed to come off ?

« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 01:09:35 PM by Kremmen »

Tags:

anything