Author Topic: Sqeek from nearside rear  (Read 1160 times)

guest7717

Sqeek from nearside rear
« on: May 29, 2018, 03:35:19 PM »
I have a 2012 Jazz vtec from new. It has had a squeak almost since I bought it. It has been back several times under warranty for the last 5 years but without success. It seems to start when the day is hot, low 20's and above. The passenger can hear it the most and my wife says it sounds as though it is coming from the rear door. I have driven it with everything in the back removed, including the rear wheel and jack. The rear seat foot locking and the tailgate latch have been changed, tape put around the rear seat and parcel shelf latches.  I have sprayed silicone on the tailgate seals, and under the plastic coving, but to no avail. I have just checked the suspension cap cover screws as suggested in another query. I would welcome any further advice

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Sqeek from nearside rear
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 04:06:55 PM »
I have a 2012 Jazz vtec from new. It has had a squeak almost since I bought it. It has been back several times under warranty for the last 5 years but without success. It seems to start when the day is hot, low 20's and above. The passenger can hear it the most and my wife says it sounds as though it is coming from the rear door. I have driven it with everything in the back removed, including the rear wheel and jack. The rear seat foot locking and the tailgate latch have been changed, tape put around the rear seat and parcel shelf latches.  I have sprayed silicone on the tailgate seals, and under the plastic coving, but to no avail. I have just checked the suspension cap cover screws as suggested in another query. I would welcome any further advice

could be rear bumper moulding rubbing on body ?
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Ralph

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Previously owned a 2018 Jazz EX CVT
Re: Sqeek from nearside rear
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 07:52:32 PM »
I don’t know about the jazz but I used to have a fiesta with the same problem eventually I tracked I down to a rubber grommet that the brake pipe ran through near the rear suspension, solved with a squirt of silicone

Tags: