Author Topic: Mk2 v Mk3?  (Read 2027 times)

TopDown

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX
Mk2 v Mk3?
« on: May 16, 2018, 08:45:29 AM »
Not a universal truth but interesting to see that some 'run-out' Mk2 EX's can fetch as much, or more than, than equivalent Mk3's.

Mk3 styling less popular maybe? Drop in quality maybe?

For me, I don't like the look of the Mk3's. Overstyled in my opinion but I haven't actually tried one, nor wanted to really.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Mk2 v Mk3?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 09:09:48 AM »
Yep personal choice.
I never liked the MK2 and went from MK1 to mk3.
No regrets.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 09:34:03 AM »
Not a universal truth but interesting to see that some 'run-out' Mk2 EX's can fetch as much, or more than, than equivalent Mk3's.

Mk3 styling less popular maybe? Drop in quality maybe?

For me, I don't like the look of the Mk3's. Overstyled in my opinion but I haven't actually tried one, nor wanted to really.

Have seen a few MK 3 around and they are not smoothly styled (something Honda used to do so well 'SIGH',  maybe modern bodies need that deep crease down the side for NCAP compliance) and look just like some other cars.  Some people do not like too much automation on their cars either, or the ubiquitous 'infotainment' screen.

If you live long enough you learn that 'newer' is not always synonymous with 'better' .   
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:48:36 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 09:56:05 AM »
I got a fantastic trade in price on my 2013 Mk2 1.4 EX manual. Way above any of the guides. I keep my cars in good condition but even that wouldn't account for it. The dealer did tell me that late Mk2s are in demand.

TopDown

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 01:22:18 PM »
.. late Mk2s are in demand.

That was my view too.

DaveBerks

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ Mk4 Crosstar EX
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 03:05:49 PM »
As a first time Jazz driver, I wouldn't have chosen a Mk 2 as the styling looks dated to me with that oddly shaped big side window behind the rear doors and it looks narrower compared to the Mk 3. When I first saw a Mk 3 I thought it looked futuristic and chunky enough to not look like a 'small car', it looked different from other cars and better still with a proper Honda rear spoiler (not that little one they have put on the new 1.5 sport version) which makes it seem more streamlined.  The space inside was enough to make me downsize from a fairly boxy Toyota Corolla.  I also like the quirky angular interior design which looks modern and well built, touch screen and other gadgets included.

So I guess it's personal tastes and requirements and is a subjective. Nothing wrong with Mk 2s I'm sure, but a very different car to the Mk 3.

Tags: