Author Topic: Jazz Infotainment System Failure  (Read 3092 times)

NewcastleHibby

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2017
Jazz Infotainment System Failure
« on: April 08, 2024, 01:59:12 PM »
I have a 2017 EX (with reversing camera. A few weeks ago, the radio wouldn't load. The screen alternates between two Honda logos and a little wheel goes round and round but the system never loads.

After conversing with Honda Uk, I took the car to my local dealer. They checked it and told me there had been a hardware failure which could not be fixed. Replacement cost of system is £2693.33 (including 30 mins labour. Oh how I laughed! The tech quoted a bulletin SQ1001306?

Honda have declined any goodwill due to age of car and due to not having a full 'Honda' service history.

I have responded and await their next refusal.

I was wondering if anyone had had this issue and had extracted a replacement from Honda or, had bought a unit from a scrapped vehicle and had managed to get it going in their car. If so, How?
Many thanks.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
Re: Jazz Infotainment System Failure
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 05:52:38 PM »
Have you tried a forced reboot? Press and hold the audio power and menu buttons together until it reboots (about 5 seconds)

NewcastleHibby

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2017
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 01:08:55 PM »
Have you tried a forced reboot? Press and hold the audio power and menu buttons together until it reboots (about 5 seconds)

Yes. First thing I did after reading about other people's problems. Also took fuse out and disconnected the battery negative earth before going to Honda. As above, the tech has said it is a hardware failure.

Chis52

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz eHev EX 2020 Pearl White
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 02:06:09 PM »
I have had 7 Hondas over the years and always found them very reliable. Not any more, as soon as my brake failure is fixed, at great personal expense as it is 6 months out of warranty, I will be trading it in for a Kia. It may not be any more reliable but at least they have a 7 year warranty.

Tags: