Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: WTO rules?
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 10:37:45 AM »
I would settle for Norway + as well. At least we would be out of the political union. The MPs all voted for a default "no deal" when they enacted the Article 50 legislation. Are they now saying they got it wrong? Or is it like the original referendum, where no one thought it would come to pass?
Today I received my Postal Vote registration forms. It made me think about the possibility of having to select another herd of MEPs if Article 50 is extended (and the costs that will incur). I for one won't vote for an MEP (unless there is a UKIP type on the paper). Not many people will I would expect. We could end up with MEPs going to Strasbourg with not enough votes to get elected to the local council!
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Royal crash
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 10:26:27 AM »
I see the police are talking about possible charges being brought. Doesn't help that he told one witness he was a "fool" and another that he was "blinded by the sun"!
I have the feeling that the basic specification for petrol changes from summer to winter to summer and is therefore seasonal as well.
Possibly, but I know that the car coasts further in the summer than in the winter. On my regular trips I do elongated gear changes. By this I mean that as I approach a junction or roundabout, instead of changing down right at the hazard I will select neutral, 50, 60, 100 yards early, and coast up to the point where I select the gear for the hazard. This saves me having to brake. I know exactly when to select neutral to arrive at the hazard at the required speed, but in the winter these points are considerably shorter than in the summer.
I think it is down to the tyres being cold and hard, the transmission cold and stiff, possibly even the road surface (there is a huge difference between wet and dry tarmac as well).
It takes at least 10 - 15 miles of winter driving before the car loosens up and my ScanGauge E begins to show my average journey mpg improving.
Another thing I make great use of is Deceleration Fuel Cut Off, where the engine uses no fuel at all. The ScanGauge E displays that too. Sometimes, depending on the vehicle speed, 5th gear doesn't give DFCO but a change to 4th does. Every little bit helps in achieving good mpg.
« Last post by Kenneve on Today at 09:22:42 AM »
This may be going slightly off topic, but of far more concern to me is the so called 'Triple lock'.
I recently came across this article, from the BNP, yes I know what a lot of people think about that party, but if true has far more repercussions than the WTO rules

Within May’s unnecessary ‘Withdrawal Agreements’ – “withdrawal” being an “Orwellian misnomer”, meaning precisely the opposite – legally-minded civil servants had inserted conditions which, by way of stealth, would have guaranteed Britain being shackled to the EU.
Embedded within May’s ‘Withdrawal Agreements’ was her “triple lock” structure, which would play out during the transitional period.
First, it involved ceding an estimated £39 Billion to the EU for nothing, while still being bound by EU law.
Second, it carved out Northern Ireland as an EU province, set a border in the Irish Sea and imposed EU trade tariffs for crossing it.
Third, unless a “future partnership” – a capitulation – was to be conceded to with the bloc, all EU conditions would remain on Britain. In other words, Britain would remain shackled to the EU whichever path she took.
That was Theresa May’s “deal”. A stab in the back for our nation and the British electorate.

Is it any wonder that so many MPs voted against the deal?
« Last post by Kazcoco on Today at 08:19:28 AM »
This thread is an example of why we are were we are .
Democratic vote yes or no easy
Winner dictates direction for all on what needs doing to achieve what was set out in vote .
Usually get on get behind objective arguments as to result null and void it was a result .
Pick your team to make it happen and setup sub committee party nominated by opposition ......done
Head off as a united solid country get best deal possible .
Only group at negotiating table was meant to be government .
Every other leader held talks independently with EU........position of strength gone EU happy as Larry ....
There isn't ant right or wrong it's been a free for all of self interest from start to finish .
In truth EU needs us and we need them we are trading partners and that will continue .
I'd prefer an EFTA result but will take what comes as 29th is agreed deal or no deal as written into the article 50 deceleration and passed by parliament without any problems ..
For two years there has been a fervour of hate and recrimination on both side and not one iota of reconciliation I have seen first hand how fast and how disastrous democracy can become chaos .....that's my penny steps down from box thank you for reading 🤫
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Royal crash
« Last post by sparky Paul on January 18, 2019, 11:30:57 PM »
The Duke's a hazard.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: CVT vs Manual
« Last post by Kazcoco on January 18, 2019, 11:10:18 PM »
Hi all
Bought wife 1.5 CVT two weeks ago for health reasons
Covered 800 miles in it both love it and CVT just as good as all previous autos I've had jaguars Volvo's Mazda all very much the same bar engine size they were all 2 ltd plus but in sport mode this starts at three thousand revs and has a good pickup to stay up with traffic .
In drive it takes a lot longer to pickup paddles aid this and are refreshing fun lol
Overall we both love it and prefer it over my cx5 auto .
« Last post by JimSh on January 18, 2019, 10:54:06 PM »
Let's face it, the only reason the leave campaign won was that a lot of people believed we would have an extra £350 million a week to prop up the NHS.
Not true.  One would have to be pretty short sighted to let this be the only reason.

I think the primary reasons were to regain control over borders and laws.

Do you really think it's a good idea to give control of our laws to this government because that's who would be gaining control. Not you or me.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-human-rights-act-repeal-brexit-echr-commons-parliament-conservatives-a8734886.html

Much of the problems of immigration are due to the failure of the Home Office to implement a proper registration and
limited stay policy.
If they mess things up with the Irish Border as they appear to be angling for, our borders will be wide open. This is why the EU are insistent  on the Backstop.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?
« Last post by zzaj on January 18, 2019, 10:47:37 PM »
Just filled up this morning. It wasn't a huge fill up but as I have a trek into Edinburgh this afternoon I thought I had better fill up, just in case. I had covered 325 miles since my last top up, fill took 6.2 gallons, returning 52.4 mpg.
Considering we are now into the middle of January I am really pleased with that figure. About 40% of my driving was around town, but I think the, so far, mild winter we are experiencing helped a lot. It is so mild here that the gorse is starting to bloom, and in some spots has been blooming since just before Christmas.

I have the feeling that the basic specification for petrol changes from summer to winter to summer and is therefore seasonal as well.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?
« Last post by smilertoo on January 18, 2019, 10:30:44 PM »
Im hovering at 38.2, possibly because its all town driving except a small hop onto the M8 then off one junction later.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything