Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by Kenneve on Today at 07:54:15 PM »
Have just checked the Gridwatch website at 19.50 hrs. Total UK demand was 33.76Gw of which only 10.9% was wind power. It seems we have long way to go??
« Last post by culzean on Today at 07:37:27 PM »
]The SNP like to proclaim their energy independence, and point to the jobs created and income generated for the country. In reality, these are hollow claims.

Very few permanent jobs result from wind power, and most of the money goes to rich landowners and the banks and (mostly foreign owned) who finance and operate the wind farms.[/i]
Where did the SNP come into it. Scottish Power is Spanish owned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-15578344

Been SNP policy for many years now to go fully renewable, energy companies are driven by government policy.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 06:50:54 PM »
]The SNP like to proclaim their energy independence, and point to the jobs created and income generated for the country. In reality, these are hollow claims.

Very few permanent jobs result from wind power, and most of the money goes to rich landowners and the banks and (mostly foreign owned) who finance and operate the wind farms.[/i]
Where did the SNP come into it. Scottish Power is Spanish owned.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Battery replacement. - 2005 1.4 CVT
« Last post by JazzMan2018 on Today at 06:34:33 PM »
Thanks

Think battery is on the way out

Will order a Yuasa YBX5054 Silver from MBS as advised - £65 delivered

Alan
« Last post by ColinB on Today at 05:57:05 PM »
Scottish power has already sold off all its conventional power generation capability
They have even sold off their hydro schemes.

“Sold off” does not mean these facilities have been decommissioned. This sounds like just an accounting artifice to move these expensive facilities off Scottish Power’s balance sheet (and grab some PR headlines): the generating plants still exist and SP will buy the power from Drax when they need it. So John Ratsey’s point is still valid.
In Car Entertainment / Radio code missing
« Last post by Gw1970 on Today at 04:39:02 PM »
Hi

I’m trying to recover / find the code for my parents Jazz as it doesn’t appear to be on any of the documents from the dealer and luckily this is the first time they’ve disconnected the battery since they had the car back in 2010

All help is welcome
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Engine noise at 2000rpm
« Last post by MartinJG on Today at 04:10:09 PM »

If it is the same symptom you describe, I have a similar issue. Only happens around 2,000RPM ish and only under load. In other words, sitting on the driveway and revving the engine to 2,000RPM does not cause the 'rattle'. I thought it was the heatshield but it seems fine. The car did have problem with some gravel being stuck between the shield and the pipe which caused vibration but they reckon they fixed that. However, I spoke with a Honda dealership and it seems there is also another heatshield 'over to the left'. We concluded it could be some sort of harmonic resonance. Not sure where this other heatshield is exactly but I will have a look next time it is up on a ramp.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: What servicing is due at 40K
« Last post by Spencer69 on Today at 02:22:15 PM »
Definitely, Peteo48. Only do between 2k & max 5k miles per year, but there are a few journeys much longer than just popping to supermarket.

Anyway, at local independent garage will do 1 full service 1 year and then interim service year after along with MOT. Know only had car now coming up 3 years but have always gone by this. Has never done the car any damage, knowingly!
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: T ROC
« Last post by coffeecup on Today at 01:37:45 PM »
Been for a test drive in an X1, wow, what a lovely car, 2 litre diesel with 8 speed auto box, blows the T-Roc and Mazda CX3 out the water, so smooth and quiet. however, for my 24 hour test drive I have to insure it first !!!!
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Different Lights?
« Last post by Sibhorne on Today at 01:27:31 PM »
So can someone tell me if you can replace the red rear lights with the white version... for some reason the white are much more plentiful and cheaper?

My Jazz is pearl white so I quite fancy white rear lights and need to replace driver side anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10