Author Topic: How long can you drive on an empty tank?  (Read 2366 times)

hondajazzowner

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: jazz
How long can you drive on an empty tank?
« on: January 17, 2019, 12:48:34 PM »
Hi everyone!

Quick question. With the Honda Jazz how many miles can you drive after the miles hit 0.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: How long can you drive on an empty tank?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 12:58:04 PM »
I've done 30 miles on 0 range, but I think there was still 4 litres left in the tank (it was a while ago).

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: How long can you drive on an empty tank?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 03:17:51 PM »
Hi everyone!

Quick question. With the Honda Jazz how many miles can you drive after the miles hit 0.

I never want to find out ! And I advise you not to either...

There was about 7 litres left when fuel light came on, so Jazz is a lot more conservative than most, Fiat 500 and Mini give less than 20 miles, Jazz should be good for about 50 miles, depending if you are going uphill, downhill or on the flat.

The reason the first half of tank lasts longer than second half is that from full to half is 20 litres, the second half ( to zero miles or fuel light on ) is 20 litres minus reserve - so only about 13 or 14 litres....

There are plenty of threads on forum about this subject, use search function......... I always try a search for existing threads before starting new one, it gets messy otherwise.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 04:01:25 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: