Author Topic: Only one FM band on Jazz radio  (Read 5938 times)

guest1932

Only one FM band on Jazz radio
« on: March 16, 2011, 07:56:31 AM »
Honda Jazz EX 2010. Cycling through the radio wavebands with the AM/FM button on the radio fascia gives me only one FM waveband and one AM waveband whereas the handbook says there should be two FM bands. Using the MODE switch on the steering wheel gives the same results.

Is this just down to the radio fitted or do I have a fault?

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Only one FM band on Jazz radio
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 08:48:57 AM »
Never come across two FM bands, usually there's one FM band and 2 AM bands namely medium wave and long wave.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 08:19:22 PM »
I've got two FM wavebands on my 2007 Jazz but I can't comment on the latest model.

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »
Latest model has two too!

guest1932

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 11:45:45 AM »
 :D The problem has been solved. Took the car to the dealer. They contacted Honda UK who said a particular combination of radio button operations had somehow locked out the 2nd band. I took the car in and the engineer used the little trick supplied by Honda. The missing FM band is now available.

But what was the trick? And why did the engineer point blank refuse to tell me what it is? What happens if, sometime in the future, the same thing happens again? And the car is out of warranty?
What will the application of this little trick cost me?

I think all that was done was to return the radio to the factory default status. How was that done?
Perhaps disconnect the power to the radio and then reactivate it with the secret PIN supplied with the radio. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any radio experts who'd like to enlighten us?

Tags: