Author Topic: Depressing insurance news  (Read 23183 times)

c.lday44

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Honda Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSi
Re: Depressing insurance news
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2024, 10:44:49 PM »
Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

I phoned adrian flux when I renewed last year and got £1800 with a blackbox, so no thankyou :)

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2024, 08:49:37 AM »
Your lucky they responded

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2024, 09:27:46 AM »
I phoned adrian flux when I renewed last year and got £1800 with a blackbox, so no thankyou :)
Not all brokers can be great at all areas of the market.

I would give Adrian Flux a thumbs up, I've always found the team professional and friendly. I've had motorcycles insured with them for years, and my car more than once. Importantly with bike insurance, they understand what things like panniers and bar risers etc are, which makes getting cover easy.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Trader
  • Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2024, 08:29:38 PM »
Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Hi.
I'm sorry we couldn't help out with your insurance last year. We can't be competitive  on every quotation I'm afraid. I only wish we could be.
Regards,
Dan.

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2024, 05:12:45 PM »
If the car is insured 3rd party only, and not third party fire and theft,  would third party only mean thrft of a catalytic convertor would not be covered by insurance, is that is correct, then surely cover can be offered, the insurance company  is not underwriting the risk

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2024, 07:49:47 PM »
If the car is insured 3rd party only, and not third party fire and theft,  would third party only mean thrft of a catalytic convertor would not be covered by insurance, is that is correct, then surely cover can be offered, the insurance company  is not underwriting the risk
If the car is a decline, the cover would be irrelevant. They just don't insure that car period. A bit bonkers for TPO cover, but that's how it's always worked. A black and white situation sadly.

Good thing is thought that we have a large market to turn to and lots of places to try for cover. If you think Jazz insurance is a pain, check out modern Range Rover insurance. Folk are getting quoted £30k if they are city dwellers. Even the very well healed are balking at that kind of quote!

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2024, 09:24:23 PM »
If you replace  the high-value high-risk  £1200 (the cat) and £600 (for the  two oxygen sensors) Honda OEM catalytic convertor with  non OEM parts , such as the well known £90 B&M part and Lucas sensors (£35 each) typically fitted by owners or independent garages after theft    Honda part. Would that satisfy an insurer to offer cover for the Jazz?

Beanbag

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2018 1.5 sport + 2006 1.3 sport
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2024, 09:57:19 PM »
Just changed my 2017 Mazda MX5 2 litre for a Jazz 1.5 Sport ,( age catching up and entry and exit was getting more and more embarrassing). But surprised the 2018 Jazz of similar value, but without the speed was £100 more p.a.

Tags: