Poll

If your Jazz suffers from water leaks in the boot, please tells us what year the car was registered

47 (22.5%)
37 (17.7%)
28 (13.4%)
36 (17.2%)
32 (15.3%)
23 (11%)
6 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: Water in the boot / wet carpets (Honda Jazz 2002-2008)  (Read 138421 times)

guest3971

Re: Water in the boot / wet carpets
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2013, 09:47:05 AM »
saw water on the boot after the heavy rain on the weekend!!! >:(

It was fine when I bought it but I think it is the famous leak now.

can some one give me some idoit guide how to check out if it leak on the side under the plastic strip?

I cannot get the strip out (i didnt use too much force in case I snap it)

can anyone who had done the leaking help pls

here are some pic taken on bank Monday. the rain is on Saturday i believe.

many thanks in advance.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2013, 05:02:07 PM »
Search this forum theres plenty of comments made.

guest3315

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2013, 05:02:25 PM »
Hi Noodle,

The culprit is the roof seam sealant.  seems like Honda has been tricked when they procure the seam sealant material for the purpose . The flexibility seems to be not as what they have expected.  PM your email I'll send photos n the stuff you need ...  :-X

guest1521

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2013, 08:58:59 PM »
2003 GD.

I've used the 'search' function on the Forum using the obvious (IMO) keywords, some info found but not enough.

After heavy rain a little water is found UNDER the boot carpet, right rear almost in line with the jack mount near the back panel. It then has just a short distance to track along and run down to the jack mount area. The topside of the carpet remains dry.

What's the most likely cause and how can I be sure?
Cure? Cost?
Easy DIY?

Many thanks in advance.

guest1521

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2013, 10:05:38 AM »
Did a Google... seems likely to be the roof seam under the roof trim strip. This shows how to fix it.

http://www.beardmorebros.co.uk/website%20pages/jazz_leak.html

guest2913

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2013, 11:27:10 PM »
Ive got a 06 plate and took it in for service and did work on it for free due to leak wasnt aware of coz i only just got the car but Ive compared the space wheel area between both cars, mine has some like white seal you see around the bath and my grandparents nothing? :S , 2 years passed and my grandparents honda shuttle got wrote off and got 56 jazz and the boot fills with water and ive seen where the water is coming from!
lift the boot floor up and remove the plastic grill, there is a join between two peices of metal, its keeps leaking from there, i used duck tape on it and havent check since but the window havent steamed up but ill check tomorrow and report back, might actually help some people!

guest1112

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2013, 04:54:49 PM »
my car is a 2005 sports and i have got water in the boot!! so much water that if my spare wheel wasn't bolted down it would drift away .
it has been in the garage twice to have this "fixed" but it came out worse ..gone back in again this week and i have told them i don't want it back till fixed   >:(

guest4475

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2014, 08:15:45 PM »
Hi

I have had problems with water leaking into the spare wheel well in the boot of my car, I looked on here and found it was the roof gutter sealants. So I have filled them with the sealant that was recommened but I still have loads of water in the spare wheel well. Help!!!! Do you know of anywhere else the water could be coming in from???

Please any suggestions???

guest1112

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2014, 02:11:38 PM »
no more water in the boot !!!  :D the dealers took it to a body shop near colwyn bay they had it for a week ..said the sealent around the top and sides had all cracked they dug it out and replaced with a " special " sealer its been outside in all the last two weeks of rain and no more leaks ...so a big thank you to north wales honda ..and kim  :)   

sorry i forgot to had : the leaks are coming from around the gas struts as well as the seams so take them off and fill with a good sealer ..not silicone !!

guest4512

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2014, 05:28:11 PM »
Hi all,

Just discovered a small Lake in the back footwell of my wife's jazz.

Can I ask, as most complaints seem to be related to the boot, if the same suggested fixes apply for that area?

Cheers

guest1112

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2014, 09:44:46 AM »
Hi all,

Can I ask, as most complaints seem to be related to the boot, if the same suggested fixes apply for that area?

Cheers
yes it seems most if not all leaks in the boot are coming from the seams and the struts

guest4512

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2014, 11:38:25 AM »
Thanks but what about the water in the rear passenger footwell?

guest1112

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2014, 02:10:02 PM »
Hi all,

Cheers
yes it seems most if not all leaks in the boot are coming from the seams and the struts
that could still be coming from the roof seams i think someone as mentioned that on here before ..or maybe under the floor ? not sure sorry

guest4512

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2014, 02:33:04 PM »
Thanks anyway. I'll take a good look at it when we get a dry spell

guest4512

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2014, 06:26:53 PM »
Right, I've done some more research and found that water in the passenger foot well is most frequently down to the plastic vapour barrier in the door. Apparently there are a number of gaps that need filled, and the barrier also needs properly affixed to the frame of the door.

The following link illustrates the problem and solutions with images and is very clear. I found it on the American Fit site, it was written by a member - http://www.mye28.com/tech/rods_pages/id25.html#9-21-12

Tags: