Author Topic: front two alloys gets so dirty very quickly  (Read 1228 times)

mj1sjc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006
front two alloys gets so dirty very quickly
« on: September 25, 2021, 06:20:49 PM »
Are there any particular brand of brake pads can help not making the front alloys so dirty in terms of the dust whats getting released to the front alloy wheels please?
I do not know what brand is on in the front right now, but was wondering if any particular brand of brake pads can help minimising these dust when using the car please? Tia!

fashionphotography

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Re: front two alloys gets so dirty very quickly
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 07:44:08 PM »
all Breakpads will leave a dust residue im afraid. the more efficiant pads are the soft ones which will leave more dust than other makes . they dont last as long but will stop the car better .

Lewo

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 10:37:28 PM »
Ceramic coating on the wheels make them a lot easier to clean but yes the fronts are always dirtier than the rears.
Brembo pads on ours.

degzi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Gd1
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 08:21:21 PM »
Delphi pads are good for not much brake dust.
Avoid euro car part eicher branded stuff it is all terrible

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 07:36:41 AM »
I clean alloys with a wax based cleaner: makes washing easier.

fashionphotography

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 03:19:46 PM »
Avoid euro car part eicher branded stuff it is all terrible

just fitted a set to mine.. good pad softer so no squeels and stops on a sixpence ..

guest4871

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2021, 03:28:19 PM »

GRANDAD

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ Si
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2021, 04:21:50 PM »
As retired motor trade this isn't surprising - no doubt fitted from the cheapest source that do the job.
Hondas original are pricey, but not too bad in my experience - binding or sticky calipers are sometimes culprit.
? I wonder if someone's fitted some cheapskate ones to your particular car ?- I've seen some really dreadful ones over the years !
Toyotas (which are usually re-boxed Textar) are absolutely terrible - my wife has one.
I complained to the supplying dealer on several occasions about this and their only reply was "they're the only ones we do".
I read this as "it's a quick job and nice little earner for us when they wear out quicker so we're not interested in doing anything about it"
I decided that the tedium of cleaning them weekly was getting silly, so did as I do with all my cars, and ignoring the warranty (no manufacturer warranty normally covers discs and pads anyway), and, much to Mr. Toyota dealers dismay I fitted EBC Greenstuff discs and pads which I find generate least dust of any pad I've ever come across.
Granted the wheels do still get dirty, but as EBC themselves openly admit there is no such thing as a dust free pad. They aren't that cheap, but not much different to O/E.
Incidentally if your budget doesn't run to Greenstuff EBC "Ultimax" is a direct replacement for O/E and around the same price and still generate far less dust. Both are available direct from EBC as kits.
..........one further thing is that the origina Toyota discs and pads barely managed 20,000-odd miles - the EBC'S have done 30,000 and have quite a bit to go before replacement will be necessary, with negligable lipping of the discs themselves.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2021, 10:38:48 AM »
No biggie. Just give them a squirt with Car Plan Demon Wheels cleaner and let it soak in for a minute or two. Makes cleaning the wheels a lot easier and 1litre has lasted me >1yr! Brilliant stuff

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/wheel-and-tyre-cleaning/demon-wheels-universal-wheel-cleaner-1l-344520.html

Tags: