Author Topic: Dog owners - boot liner  (Read 7369 times)

apjazz

Dog owners - boot liner
« on: July 15, 2014, 01:11:14 PM »
Having carried the dog in the rear foot-well and the boot with assorted attempts to prevent dirt from swinging tail, scratches from claws etc. (a very active sprocker) decided to look at what was available on the market.
Found the most likely to satisfy all problems with no need to attach/glue Velcro or studs is a high sided boot liner from Boot-Buddy.
It can go in and out of the car very easily and combined with the bumper protector ensues no scratches.
Expensive but going to have car for some time and it really does the job best.
What has anyone else tried?

guest4871

• Topic Starter
Re: Dog owners - boot liner
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 03:55:31 PM »
Having tried all sorts, you get what you pay for. The best fitted one by far, if you plan to keep the car awhile and want the liner to work, is Hatch Bag. ( www.hatchbag.co.uk ) It does use Velcro but is dead easy to install and remove. And you can remove the Velcro easily when you need to. The fitted one to avoid is made by Titan which doesn't fit in my experience.

apjazz

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 11:38:07 AM »
Thanks for that, looks good in advert. We swap the boot buddy between my own and wife's Jazz very quickly, just lift out and drop in.
Happy motoring.

Gittje

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 11:43:32 AM »
Old topic maybe, but still interesting for dogowners...

Having no children, we use the magic seat area for out big dog (cross rottweiler with labrador) of 54 kg. So we have excellent visibility when driving the car as the dog sits lower and we can still use the entire boot for shopping  ;)

cass

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2005 Honda Jazz
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 12:53:46 PM »
we also use the magic seat option with our large German Shepard (40kg) find it a good option, the dog has lots of room & does not get in the way of the driver etc.

guest5685

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 04:41:56 PM »
Magic seat option?????

Sorry to be a bimbo, but am I missing something?

Has my Jazz got this?

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 04:56:45 PM »
It will have them.
Lift up the rear seat until it is vertical, then push down the tubular legs, which locks the seat in vertical position. Same for both rear seats, you can use them individually or both together.
Under the double seat you should also find a "secret" cubby hole and on the narrow one you should find a knob for hanging your shopping carrier bags.
To lower the seat, just pull out the legs and lower gently until they locate in the floor catch. If you just let go they drop with a bit of a clatter.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 05:18:54 PM by stiggysawdust »
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

Geoffers

• Approved Member
  • Work is the curse of the drinking classes!
  • My Honda: 2016 HR-V SE-Navi Diesel
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 07:16:32 PM »
Old topic maybe, but still interesting for dogowners...

Having no children, we use the magic seat area for out big dog (cross rottweiler with labrador) of 54 kg. So we have excellent visibility when driving the car as the dog sits lower and we can still use the entire boot for shopping  ;)

Ditto!
Up until July this year we did the same for our Great Dane (65Kgs) but sadly she died.
Now we just have two Lhasa Apsos and they fit in the ashtrays!  ;)
Geoff, York, UK.             Now driving an HR-V after 4 Jazzes!

guest5685

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 09:20:57 PM »
It will have them.
Lift up the rear seat until it is vertical, then push down the tubular legs, which locks the seat in vertical position. Same for both rear seats, you can use them individually or both together.
Under the double seat you should also find a "secret" cubby hole and on the narrow one you should find a knob for hanging your shopping carrier bags.
To lower the seat, just pull out the legs and lower gently until they locate in the floor catch. If you just let go they drop with a bit of a clatter.

gonna look for that first thing in the morning.

Cheers mate :-)

guest5685

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 08:47:10 PM »
It will have them.

gonna look for that first thing in the morning.

Cheers mate :-)
Well I found the secret compartment but I couldn't work out the seat.  :(

guest4871

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 10:18:27 PM »
Try this (about 30 seconds in) for a free demonstration:

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/honda/jazz/hatchback/video#video

Or the car's manual (which can be stored in the secret compartment you have just discovered)?

guest5685

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 07:37:57 PM »
Ah right, got it.

I usually just fold down the back rests.

Wish I'd known about it 2 weeks ago when I went to the garden centre. :-[

Tags: