Author Topic: Slow start/long crank.  (Read 3719 times)

Bellasdad

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Honda Jazz S mk3
Re: Slow start/long crank.
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2020, 07:31:14 PM »
A quick update on this topic for which others might find useful.
Just had my first service today and mentioned the starting issues when I booked the car in.
Apparently Honda are aware of the long crank issue and there is a software update now available to rectify this problem.
The  technician has assured me this will solve the issue and the car should start immediately at the first turn of the key.
I'm now going to have to get out of the habit of allowing all the warning lights to go out before starting the car.  ???

beerbelly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.3 i-VTEC 2019
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2020, 07:48:31 AM »
Same here.  After first service the long crank issue is gone

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2020, 10:42:26 AM »
I'm now going to have to get out of the habit of allowing all the warning lights to go out before starting the car.  ???

This isn't a bad starting technique to use all the time anyway as it allows the fuel pressure in the fuel rail that feeds the injectors to build up, particularly after a lengthy stop.

Vic.

Bellasdad

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Honda Jazz S mk3
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2020, 11:05:19 AM »

This isn't a bad starting technique to use all the time anyway as it allows the fuel pressure in the fuel rail that feeds the injectors to build up, particularly after a lengthy stop.

Vic.
I agree completely but the service technician asked me not to use this starting method as he wants me to test the new software update to see if it is effective.
Like I say, it’s a hard habit to break but in the interests of science, I’ll give it a go.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2020, 11:08:57 AM »

Vic.

+1

Also allows time for all the various sensors ( there are many on modern cars ) to stabilise and report in to the ECU.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

plasma

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 mark 4
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2020, 11:26:06 AM »
Start on my motorbike is 'one touch' - you just blip the start button and the engine turns over and as soon as it fires it disengages the starter motor,  there is a limit on the time it will turn over for if it does not start though,  about 3 seconds I have been told.

+1, yes my bikes do the same,I think honda bikes are better than the cars.

Plasma.

Tags:

anything