Poll

We've polls for Model and Colour, how about Age, to complete the picture?

17-25
28 (4.6%)
26-35
75 (12.4%)
36-45
100 (16.5%)
46-55
111 (18.3%)
56-65
130 (21.5%)
66-75
125 (20.7%)
76+
36 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 348

Author Topic: What age are you?  (Read 104377 times)

guest3469

What age are you?
« on: February 24, 2013, 09:16:22 AM »
There are perceptions that UK Jazz owners are more mature than owners in other Countries such as the US and Far East. 
On another US forum, 57% are 21-35 followed by 21% 45-60.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: What age are you?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 04:28:39 PM »
Honda has a far better reputation (if that were possible) outside Europe as a company that produces very well engineered, ultra-reliable cars that are great to drive and very practical.

Maybe it's the fact that the Brits in particular are very much badge snobs (why else would we be one of BMW's largest markets), and at the same time not very discerning when it comes to buying cars (just look at the number of French and Italian cars on our roads, bought for style, not substance).  Also European countries tend to be very parochial when it comes to buying cars (just play 'spot the foreign car' in either France or Germany). 

The Japanese car companies have been very good for this country,  bringing lots of investment and jobs here - and lets face it without them we wouldn't have a car industry worth talking about ,  and we also produce many more cars (and export a lot more) than we ever did.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Defender

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 EX CVT
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 08:10:37 AM »
I think it might be something to do with the Rover connection, going back to when their was collaboration between the two manufacturers and they were producing very similar cars, in apperance at least!
I think the Jazz would have a bigger and younger following in the UK if it were a bit more sporty and had the bigger 1.5L engine that other markets get, along with sharper chassis dynamics.
Hopefully the up coming replacement model will address those issues ;D.

BTW, the Japanese aren't the only manufacturers producing cars in the UK and exporting them, TATA -Jaguar - Land Rover, BMW - MINI, GM - Vauxhall, not sure about Ford now, just engines?

2011 1.4 EX CVT in Metalic Mushroom (Urban Titanium).

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 10:58:39 AM »
Honda's market share has dropped from a high of 7th place in 1999 to 13th in South Africa.  They are considered "Japanese Mercedes Benz" and the prices reflect that.  If one discounts the cheaper cars (Polo, Yaris, Tata, Fiat, Chery, Chevrolet Spark, Hyundai i10) from the list, you will see that quality cars are the popular ones.  BMW 3 series is right on top, followed by Mercedes C class and then Honda.

Honda's cars are looking a bit dated now, compared with the stunning style of BMW and the larger Hyundais, the MB E and S class.  The Civic R is still a bit revolutionary and now looking not so futuristic as when it first appeared, its also a bit cramped inside.  There is a new Brio, introduced in December, but so far I have only seen one TV advert, whereas you see 10 BMW ads every day.

There is only one car plant that exports, that is BMW, and they employ 25000 people and it is not as automated as the plants in Germany
If music be the food of love, play on

guest3170

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 03:57:22 PM »
We visited the UK last week, driving from London to Cornwall and back again during our stay. As we arrived I joked that we should look out for Jazz-driving pensioners. First surprise was how few Jazz I spotted, especially in Cornwall where I would have thought their compact shape and practicality would have been a perfect fit. I certainly wished I was driving one rather than my fat and dull rental Focus, especially on the narrower roads.

Second surprise wasn't really a surprise for me but it amused the wife and kids - every Jazz we saw was piloted by persons apparently over the age of 60.  My Jazz has now been christened the "grandad car" :)

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 07:39:26 PM »
I may be in my 60's now, but with hindsight I would have stuck to Honda in the 1970's when i had one of the first Civics.
Unfortunately the prices rose as they became popular and I felt that I could no longer afford a Honda.
Wish I had saved harder because the Honda's really are superior to the majority of other affordable makes.
Sure am glad I now have my Jazz.
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

guest3469

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 07:53:59 PM »
Bump, just to keep the poll up there

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 11:01:35 AM »
After 23 years of owning Vauxhalls, I progressed to my Jazz. The main reason I stayed with Vauxhalls is that they are heavily discounted to driving instructors. We can easily get 20% off the price just for being an instructor, you get a further £500 off for having previoulsy owned a Vauxhall, and there used to be a GM credit card which gave you a further £1000 off if you use it a fair bit.

One of my cars was an Astra Twin Top, rrp £22500, bought new for £16000. My last one was an Astra 1.7 CDTI which my son now has, rrp £16500, bought new for £10500. If only Honda gave instructor discounts like that !

BSM were GIVEN their cars by Vauxhall, and still BSM managed to lose £10m a year !

guest3469

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 01:41:52 AM »
Is it possible to make this a sticky?

guest3792

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 11:42:00 AM »
Are we talking physical or mental age. The latter I'm about 20   :D

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 11:56:08 AM »
After 23 years of owning Vauxhalls, I progressed to my Jazz. The main reason I stayed with Vauxhalls is that they are heavily discounted to driving instructors.

Vauxhalls and Ford in particular seem to tie people in once they have bought one,  they make it financially hard to go to another make because of they seem to subsidise the trade in value if you buy another one of their vehicles.  I know someone who use to get Vauxhalls and had many problems with them,  but loved the fact that it was really pretty cheap to get a new plate Vauxhall on his driveway every couple of years.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 07:02:39 PM »

Yes, I'm still in my 20's but my body just won't believe it.
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

guest3469

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 05:50:02 PM »
Does anyone agree to this being a sticky, along with the Colour and Model polls?

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 01:51:26 PM »
Honda's market share has dropped from a high of 7th place in 1999 to 13th in South Africa.  They are considered "Japanese Mercedes Benz" and the prices reflect that.  If one discounts the cheaper cars (Polo, Yaris, Tata, Fiat, Chery, Chevrolet Spark, Hyundai i10) from the list, you will see that quality cars are the popular ones.  BMW 3 series is right on top, followed by Mercedes C class and then Honda.

Honda's cars are looking a bit dated now, compared with the stunning style of BMW and the larger Hyundais, the MB E and S class.  The Civic R is still a bit revolutionary and now looking not so futuristic as when it first appeared, its also a bit cramped inside.  There is a new Brio, introduced in December, but so far I have only seen one TV advert, whereas you see 10 BMW ads every day.

There is only one car plant that exports, that is BMW, and they employ 25000 people and it is not as automated as the plants in Germany

Isn't the VW Polo made in SA and exported to Europe?

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 03:31:47 PM »

Really?

I would never have guessed you were as old as that  :o

Tags: