Author Topic: Hit by Minicab!  (Read 4483 times)

billyausten

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GE3 Jazz Sport
Re: Hit by Minicab!
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2021, 11:36:07 PM »

Am I the only one who is struggling to see the straight ahead route over this roundabout? All I see are trees and a fence. The centre and right arrows would be better depicting a RH turn would they not?!
Current: '08 GE3 Sport, '97 CE1 Aerodeck 2.2iES
Previous Hondas: CA5 CC1 EE8 EE9 CC9 CH1 ED7 ZE1 CN1 CE1. - Non Honda: E-RNN14 GTiR E-BNR32 GTR

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2021, 05:33:23 AM »
If so then this minicab driver was in the left lane turning right !
Let's be careful out there !

UKjim

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2021, 07:52:45 AM »
There is no true straight on, the two outer lanes depict entry into the roundabout and then right turn only, maybe better showing right but it is obvious nonetheless. As said the taxi driver was in a turn left only lane attempting a right turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2021, 08:46:11 AM »
Hi

I would consider the accident would be classed as 50/50 fault

This is based on the video, which shows both vehicles were moving slowly, the taxi driver was in wrong lane but you should have been aware of your surroundings, and seen the taxi driver and you did steer left into the taxi

Also, it is less money for insurance companies if classed as 50/50

I know many on here may disagree with me and I appreciate you may be looking to the right but you do need to be aware of what is in front of you and only move off/enter roundabout when it is clear to do so

Many thanks

John

UKjim

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2021, 08:54:55 AM »
You are entitled to your opinion, but you are missing the point. The minicab driver was not moving slowly he appeared on my left side without slowing down to the roundabout approach but moved over into our lane to go straight on/ right from a left lane. If I had not been concentrating on the traffic approaching from my right then a much nastier accident could have occured. I did not steer into him, I took the correct line into the roundabout.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 08:56:29 AM by UKjim »

mj1sjc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2021, 08:35:27 AM »
Thats right, so does this not make him that it is only his fault rather than putting the blame for a 50% to the victim?

There is no true straight on, the two outer lanes depict entry into the roundabout and then right turn only, maybe better showing right but it is obvious nonetheless. As said the taxi driver was in a turn left only lane attempting a right turn.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2021, 11:23:55 AM »

I read something on another forum that right turn arrows on approach to roundabouts can led to people literally turning right i.e., going round the roundabout the wrong way, foreign drivers I believe were cited as the prime example. I'm not sure if that is true, I hope it's not.

UKjim

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2021, 11:25:40 AM »

I read something on another forum that right turn arrows on approach to roundabouts can led to people literally turning right i.e., going round the roundabout the wrong way, foreign drivers I believe were cited as the prime example. I'm not sure if that is true, I hope it's not.
Maybe why these outer 2 point straight on rather than right

Deejay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 GR3 Jazz EX Platinum White
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2021, 11:57:24 AM »

Maybe why these outer 2 point straight on rather than right

From the roundabout design document CD 116

“ Lane direction markings
Right pointing arrows on lane dedication signs or as markings on the road shall not be used on normal and compact roundabout approaches.

Preventing the use of right pointing arrows on lane dedication signs or as road markings is to avoid confusing drivers, particularly those from overseas, over which way to proceed around the roundabout.

UKjim

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2021, 04:56:03 PM »

Back from the Bodyshop

guest4871

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2021, 05:02:06 PM »
Brilliant - completely beyond my imagination how they can do that  :)

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2021, 07:02:23 PM »
That looks fantastic. They've done a great job on matching the colour.  :D 

UKjim

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2021, 07:05:37 PM »
That looks fantastic. They've done a great job on matching the colour.  :D

If you didn’t know, you wouldn’t pick it out, I can just see a slight shading difference but very good on a 16 year old car.
I’m pleased with it.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2021, 11:10:08 AM »
Bodyshops are generally very skilled at colour matching, I've had the front nearside wing replaced and the driver's door resprayed and the colour match is excellent. The rear bumper is however a slightly different shade as this was supplied pre-painted, but you really have to look at to notice it.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2021, 11:55:29 AM »
You also have to bear in mind that for some reason paint colours on plastic can be slightly different to metal.
Let's be careful out there !

Tags: