Author Topic: Tyre pressure warning  (Read 2588 times)

royc

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz CVT EX
Tyre pressure warning
« on: April 03, 2021, 08:10:39 PM »
I had a tyre replaced and the following day I had a pressure warning come-up. I took it back to the Tyre fitters and they found that the new one was high by 6 so they deflated back to the correct pressure and checked them all. Two days later I still have the Pressure warning icon!!!. Does it take a while for the icon to go out OR is there a way of re setting as I know the pressures are now correct?
BTW I have only done around 20 miles since.   
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 08:13:07 PM by royc »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Tyre pressure warning
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 08:49:56 PM »
Did you run the TPMS recalibration routine? The system needs to be told that something has been changed (tyres and/or pressures) and to do the calibration to work out what the normal condition is in terms of how the rotation speed of each wheel compares to the overall average.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 09:49:19 PM »
What John says ^

I'd suggest checking/setting the tyre pressures all round first, preferably when stone cold. Try to get the pressures on each axle as near as possible the same both sides.
Then do the reset.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 10:02:23 PM »
I think the system is always unsettled until new tyres bed in.  That has certainly been my experience.  Two or three recalibration should sort it out without bothering about repeated testing of the pressures.  It’s based on the circumference of the tyres.

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2021, 10:19:31 PM »
Thought this might help.....

I have both pics, in my phone. They come in handy, occasionally......
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

Geordielad

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX CVT 2018
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2021, 11:35:40 PM »
Manuals can be downloaded and saved from Honda here...
Comes in very handy to have a copy on your IPad or whatever....
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-jazz-owners-manuals.html

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2021, 04:32:57 AM »
Spot on re the bedding in for a single new tyre. The TPMS is so sensitive it picks up very small changes.

My new tyre caused 2 false alarms before settling in.

Also note that the recommendation is to  drive for a minimum of 15 miles taking in left and right hand bends to allow the system to 'learn'.
Let's be careful out there !

FredS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 jazz EX Navi manual
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2021, 09:26:50 AM »
When I had my mk3 Jazz EX serviced a few years ago I picked up a Deflation Warning System (DWS) user guide from the service counter. The guide includes instructions on how to calibrate the DWS, for Models without Display Audio (EX?) and for Models with Display Audio.

I keep the guide in the glove box and refer to it when checking or adjusting tyre pressures.

I have not had any issues with the TPMS. It works well alerting me about a slow puncture caused by a screw.

Fred.

royc

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz CVT EX
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2021, 11:26:49 AM »
Thank you for all the feedback folk. I have done a TPMS recalibration routine and took it for a spin as per the instructions. Hopefully it will now settle down.

Happyarry

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi i-vtec CVT
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2021, 03:25:53 PM »
Thank you for all the feedback folk. I have done a TPMS recalibration routine and took it for a spin as per the instructions. Hopefully it will now settle down.

:D I wrote down the procedure too and keep it in the glove box. When I bought mine the TP warning came on while driving home. Having read reports on here about how sensitive they were I recalibrated it and kept the details handy in the glove box, but I haven't had another warning in over 6 months.

Harry

Jeff B

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3 Jazz 2017 (67 plate)
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 09:58:55 AM »
I kept getting warnings when I first got our Mk3 Jazz. I thought maybe the system was over- sensitive but indeed it was correct in that it revealed a very slow loss of pressure. There was sign of any nail or screw in the tyre. It turned out there was a poor seal on one of the front tyres which was cured by taking off the tyre, cleaning up the wheel rim and refitting. Bingo - no problem since!

Tags:

anything