Author Topic: Rear washer fluid not working  (Read 7955 times)

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
Re: Rear washer fluid not working
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2021, 07:54:28 AM »
Good luck.

BadgerMk3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk3
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2021, 08:10:34 AM »
Unfortunately Jocko has posted the diagram for the Mk2 which is different to the Mk3 (albeit the non UK Elegance Version) I linked earlier in post #8.

It looks like item 12 is the 'pump set'.

Personally I wouldn't adopt the 'sucking' option due to the previously mentioned gunge.

You can get pole threaders - essentially a coil of thin stiff wire -  from local fishing tackle shops that may offer another angle of attack for clearing the tube.

As Jim said previously though, I suspect you may have to investigate closer to the reservoir. There may be a simple filter blockage there.

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2021, 09:30:43 AM »
Or you could take it to a local independent who will probably sort it out in five minutes with an air line.
The front washers on my daughter's Hyundai weren't working when she was needing to get back to Aberdeen after last Christmas (pre covid). After trying a pin in the nozzle I had a look under the bonnet and didn't know where to start. I gave her the address of the guy who does my servicing. She tried Hyundai dealer first who wanted £40 to have a look then went to the independent who sorted it out while she waited and wouldn't take any money. She took them back a box of chocolates from the nearest supermarket.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 09:32:19 AM by JimSh »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2021, 10:50:43 AM »
Unfortunately Jocko has posted the diagram for the Mk2 which is different to the Mk3
The one I posted was for the Mk 1, for JeffB, as he has a Mk 1.

Jeff B

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3 Jazz 2017 (67 plate)
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2021, 12:25:45 PM »
Unfortunately Jocko has posted the diagram for the Mk2 which is different to the Mk3

Jocko - sorry, but I do have a Mk3 Jazz. I did say that in my OP but I now realise I hadn't changed my profile, which I have now done. I recently sold my trusty Mk1 Jazz (manual version) - 120K miles and still going strong! We can no longer justify having 2 cars so we are just left with the Mk3 CVT version.

We had a Mk2 CVT for about 3 years which we part -exchanged for the Mk3. We had a very bad experience with the former when the ECU died. We replaced it with a reconditioned unit as the cost of a new one was prohibitive. Honda UK didn't want to know even though it was just outside the 5 year warranty but that's another story!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2021, 12:28:40 PM »
It was the profile I read, hence the error. I hope you get your problem sorted.

BadgerMk3

• Approved Member
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2021, 05:00:06 PM »

Apologies Jocko, I looked at the link you posted, saw it was 2007 and assumed it was a Mk2.

It appears we're back on the Mk3 trail now though so now harm done by all the well intentioned posters.

Another little trick that I know has worked is to pop a Milton sterilising tablet into the washbottle. It has worked on other marques running considerably higher power, hence hotter engine bays resulting in the washbottle being in a hot ambient temperature - good conditions for bacteria to grow.

Jeff B

• Approved Member
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2021, 09:46:04 AM »
It was the profile I read, hence the error. I hope you get your problem sorted.

OK, thanks. It's brass monkey cold here today (plus raining) so I think it'll have to wait a little while!

Jeff B

• Approved Member
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2021, 09:52:18 AM »

Apologies Jocko, I looked at the link you posted, saw it was 2007 and assumed it was a Mk2.

It appears we're back on the Mk3 trail now though so now harm done by all the well intentioned posters.

Another little trick that I know has worked is to pop a Milton sterilising tablet into the washbottle. It has worked on other marques running considerably higher power, hence hotter engine bays resulting in the washbottle being in a hot ambient temperature - good conditions for bacteria to grow.

OK thanks for the tip. It is interesting that the front washer is working ok - wondering if it could be down to the fact that the rear washer is rarely used and therefore that part of the system (rear pump and associated tubing) is more prone to gunging up? I'm thinking that when I get the problem sorted I should try to remember to give the rear washer the occasional squirt to flush the line through.

Jeff B

• Approved Member
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2021, 09:20:14 PM »
Apologies for the massively long delay in replying. The problem went away after a couple of weeks of using the rear washer every day regardless of whether it was required or not. I think this has flushed the pipework. I have added a small amount of disinfectant to the washer bottle fluid as a belt and braces and so far the rear washer works first time every time! I now use the rear wash every time I use the car in much the same way as I use the aircon for a time even though it is not strictly required, just to keep it ticking over.

BadgerMk3

• Approved Member
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2021, 09:06:53 PM »
Thanks for the update Jeff B, hopefully the problem is sorted now.  :D

Tags:

anything