Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Micro sd card in dashcam
« Last post by Kremmen on March 25, 2024, 03:39:24 AM »
The main issue with modern high quality dashcams is the SD card write speed

If your dashcam is HD or 2k then you ideally need a write speed of at least 50Mbps. A lot of these endurance cards aren't and they can cause a bottleneck which in turn can cause the dashcam to freeze

https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Benchmarks/SpeedOut.shtml

There is a free program called Speedout0.5 that tests SD card speeds, but you do need a PC USB3 port as USB2 isn't fast enough
« Last post by embee on March 24, 2024, 10:55:26 PM »
Agree about the fakes.
I hope the place I've used a few times is "totally boney fido" (Victoria Wood??).
 I've been using Sandisk High Endurance from https://www.picstop.co.uk/dash-cam-memory.html?scroll=2303 , they send offer emails every now and then, prices are competitive I think, delivery has always been pretty prompt.
I have a couple of Viofo Mini 2 units, been faultless so far, I bought direct from https://www.picstop.co.uk/dash-cam-memory.html?scroll=2303 , they send from China in about a week, significant savings over buying from the .uk online store.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: EV Battery life.
« Last post by Hicardo on March 24, 2024, 10:47:05 PM »
I'm not noticing drop off in my June 2021 delivered MK 4 Crosstar.  In fact, I think its getting slightly better on fuel since year 2.  I see 10 bars a lot as I live in a hilly area. 
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Broken driver's seat adjuster
« Last post by doughtsh on March 24, 2024, 04:55:42 PM »
Just bought a 2009 Jazz and nothing happens when I lift the bar under the seat to move the seat back. Anyone got any tips or links to videos/tutorials for sorting it? Passenger side is fine.
Thanks
« Last post by Kremmen on March 24, 2024, 02:30:41 PM »
I've had a Samsung Evo Plus 128Gb one running for almost 5 years now without error

Never formatted it, just cut and paste to the PC to empty it

You do need to be very careful where you buy them as there are lots of fakes around. Got mine from Scan who are Samsung authorised sellers
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Tyre Change Of thread pattern(model/brand of tyre)
« Last post by peteo48 on March 24, 2024, 01:20:44 PM »

One thing though. I'd had a previous issue with the car tyre deflation warning constantly going off and that eventually stopped. But now after the tyre change it's now back to every long trip.

When I had this issue on a MK3 Jazz I did find that the car needed several recalibrations before it eventually settled down. It was always a motorway trip that set it off.
« Last post by Johncb500 on March 24, 2024, 12:09:00 PM »
I just replaced mine with a SanDisk

So far, seems OK

I also use a similar in my Panasonic video camera

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Micro sd card in dashcam
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on March 24, 2024, 11:45:24 AM »
After 2 years of use my Garmin Mini2 dash cam showed there is a problem with the micro sd card.  The instructions advise reformatting the card every 6 months to prolong its life, which I didnt do  :-[

A fast reformatting didnt help but after a full reformatting on my computer (which took hours)  it seems to be working again  for now.     But I want to replace it.

The camera came with a 15 gb Transcend   class 10  but I replaced it with a 64GB PNY class 10 which is the one that failed..      While it was working it seemed to cope with the necessary write speeds etc.

The cost of a new cd card every 2 years wont break the bank  but  any advise on a particular brand, or type of card that might have a longer life  ,but without paying a premium for speed performance etc that the camera doesnt actually need  , would be appreciated.

I know the advice is to use a reputable well known  brand ,from a reputable supplier  to minimise the chance of it being a fake,.  As far as I was aware  at the time PNY is considered a reputable brand and I dont think it was a fake.   .

Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Engine fans constantly on while A/C is on
« Last post by madasafish on March 24, 2024, 09:57:04 AM »
Normal. Switch on ignition: fan on..Switch off ignition : fan off.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Engine fans constantly on while A/C is on
« Last post by jazzphil on March 24, 2024, 09:14:37 AM »
I have the same issue.  Raised it on this forum and was told it's normal.  Have had the system checked and advised all is performing as it should.  I've just learned to live with it....
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]