Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: MPG for those interested.
« Last post by Beanbag on Today at 11:18:16 PM »
After a month with my ,new to me 1.5 sport, mpg appears to be settling around 55 over average rural dual carriageway driving, About the same as our 2006 Mk i Jazz ??
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Front Lower Crossmember needs replacing
« Last post by Jacks2005 on Today at 10:05:05 PM »
Thanks.  Think I may end up getting one made  :)
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by 5thcivic on Today at 05:12:39 PM »
I agree that we are now talking about rip-off Britain as a fact by more and more people, look at the headlines of the water companies increases wanted to rectify the underinvestment of all our charges disappearing in dividends to foreign owners for many years.

I think the Honda engineers are still doing a fine job, the problem may be a level of management that imposes cost restraints that improve short term balance sheets at the expense of long term customer satisfaction that turns out to be entirely self defeating, a Western management trait not associated with Japan - so far.

Getting to the point of pulling out of a market because it is not worth while anymore is hardly a measure of management success.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / 6 months of ownership
« Last post by UKjim on Today at 04:58:27 PM »
Excellent.  :)They are brilliant little motors. Love the colour of yours.

Out of interest, what do you make of the window wind deflectors you fitted? Would you recommend them?
I have the Mugen wind deflectors on mine & I really like them, don't introduce any additional wind noise & no buffeting or draught with the windows open and they look good!

As with everything Mugen, very expensive but beautifully made and a very secure fit.

https://www.torque-gt.co.uk/mugen-ventilated-wind-deflectors-jazz-fit-gk.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: A recent European trip
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 04:58:19 PM »
I had a jeep years ago with basic cruise control that would maintain the set speed, regardless of other traffic.  You soon realised you would quite often run into the back of other traffic if you didnt take over control and slow down.   :o 

Adaptive cruise control is a whole new ball game. Its ability to alter speed and even brake automatically  to match the speed of the vehicle ahead  is  step closer to a self driving car . But its still only a drivers aid, and no where near good enough to be left without constant driver supervision. 
I dislike  its tendency to accelerate when the lane ahead is clear if I would now  be undertaking cars in  the 'faster ' lane, or  keeping pace with them  preventing them from changing into my lane.    I try to be considerate and aware of the needs and potential sudden  lane changes by  other traffic  and  maintain a spacing that allows them to zip merge  from lane to lane if they wish.   I dont want my cruise control driving like a selfish pig on my behalf  because I am not supervising whats going on.  :-[  Sometimes I might allow ACC to undertake - but my choice.      Sometimes if the road is busy its less work maintaining speed the old fashioned way with throttle and brakes rather than constantly fiddling with cruise control.    But ACC can be very useful, especially if you use it  often enough to become second nature  . - almost like an alternative hand throttle.
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 03:11:52 PM »
Excellent post Lord Voltermore and I particularly agree with the points you make about other scandals. It's a corporate thing and I am not sure another company would necessarily have handled this differently. That doesn't mean I exonerate Honda - I absolutely don't - but there is a wider issue of corporate accountability at play here and in other scandals.
You cannot reasign buttons on the headunit and even if you "hack" the headunit you cannot get rid of the startup message / warning.  It's deffo bloody annoying.

I found a few uk new part  suppliers just by entering the part number on google. I dont know whether they will  ship to the IOM .

Normally I would suggest entering your requirements in a  used parts search site. Various  Car breakers with a suitable donor car will quote their price.  But as its pressed steel it may not be in great condition  and would involve the cost of removal from the donor car. And they still might not ship to the IOM.     

If used is an option you could try a local car breakers. Even if there  is not a  suitable Jazz on the Island they may have suitable contacts on the mainland.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Front Lower Crossmember needs replacing
« Last post by Jacks2005 on Today at 12:01:13 PM »
Part number 04603saag00zz

I need to replace this part quickly but can’t find one anywhere on the IoM. Anyone know of anywhere that may have one in reasonable condition? Cheers
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 11:31:41 AM »
Sorry to add such a long post to a long thread.

I still hold the view that ALL car manufacturers have serious faults from time to time. Jumping ship to another brand may not make you immune from faults.    Its how well they resolve the issue and treat the victims of their mistake - ie their customers, that makes the difference.

Although there are some  encouraging signs that Honda are at last  beginning to behave more honourably with regard to warranty repairs ,and who pays to correct Hondas mistake , it still seems its those victims  who have learnt the facts and able to argue their case that succeed best.   How many have grudgingly paid major repair costs    but will get their revenge by never buying another Honda or recommending them to their friends and family?    I did have a vague plan of passing my Jazz on to my daughter,  but I certainly dont want to lumber her with a potential future major repair bill .So even if I buy another Honda myself  they have lost a potential new buyer.

The argument has been made that a recall would result in a shortage of spare parts and workshop capacity.
This did happen with the Takata airbag recall a few years ago.   Come on Honda, either only a few cars are affected and you can afford to fix them, or there are a lot of cars involved and you cant afford not to fix them. Especially if you hope to charge a premium price  based on a  reputation for reliability.  Instead you chose to prioritise using new parts  to produce more new cars rather than repairing the faulty ones that are ruining your reputation.   

Not wishing to minimise the seriousness of those  situations I can see parallels  with the major scandals  being revealed  in the UK  , contaminated blood, post office, etc etc  where there is evidence  Managers, professionals ,politicians etc  followed a policies that protected  their  own reputation, jobs, financial profits etc.

Is situation worse in Rip off Britain?   Main dealers typically have several Franchises.  They love to sell to fleet buyers, sell financial packages, and charge  premium prices for repairs.    If an owner decides  to quit Honda they will happily sell you a Kia  or whatever from  their other Franchise.   If Honda withdraw from Europe  there are plenty of other car makers from China etc looking to expand their dealership networks.

If you have a warranty problem  there are several hurdles  to negotiate.  The dealership, happy to charge you if they can.   Then the warranty is administered by "Honda administration"   which in reality means "TWG Services Ltd"   This is basically an independent  warranty providing company  who operate on an insurance underwriting basis.   The service they provide is to Honda UK, Not Honda Customers . TWG provide Honda Uk with  a call centre and staff to 'handle' claims. Staff experienced in looking for small print  and reasons to reject claims. Put crudely the more claims TWG can reject the bigger their profits, and cost savings they can offer  Honda UK. . But its not TWG's reputation at risk. Its Hondas.     To be fair to TWG  and Honda UK,  several other Car manufacturers and organisations such as the RAC administer  their warranties in this way.  At least in the UK.

The next Hurdle, if your case  even gets that far, is Honda UK.  I am only speculating here  but I imagine  Honda UK are accountable to Honda Japan, and the more money they can save administering and paying out on warranties, the better their performance appears on a balance sheet  to their bosses in Japan.  And the real cost to Honda in lost reputation may never reach senior managment.    Or they might decide the number of cars sold in Europe  doesnt justify trying too hard  and prefer to maximise profits as much as they can. 

At present I love the Hybrid system, and the Jazz is an ideal size for me.   But when i change I will look again at the alternatives. And if Honda overprice the Jazz there will be more alternatives  in my price range.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10