Author Topic: Oil change.  (Read 1228 times)

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
Oil change.
« on: November 22, 2019, 12:53:53 PM »
Wednesday evening I made my first oil&filter change (A,B Service called by the instrument panel), the first thing to do after lifting the car is removing the panel covering the lower side of the engine. The panel is secured by 6 metal phillips screws and clips (nr16 and nr18 in the image) to some lateral plastic panels, and by two plastic clips to a suspension subframe (pieces nr 24); while the metal screws were well tighten, one rear plastic clip were missing and one was quite broken. That's why in last months I could hear some knocking noise coming from pedal area, the panel was not well secured. Since the two plastic clips are not so robust (see also https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=11345.0) I suggest to buy some of these clips as consumable spare part, also because it's easy to damage them when removing the pan for the service.
I'm now using the car without the panel, waiting the two clips delivery (ordered yesterday), when they will arrive I will post the spare codes.
Ah, UFI oil filter with anti-backflow valve and 4 liters of Liquimoly specialtec AA 0W20 oil, saved 50% $$  from the Honda Service.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Oil change.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 01:11:37 PM »
I have an easier way of doing it. I phone my son-in-law and he comes and does it while I watch!

jazzaro

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 01:13:52 PM »
Yep, much easier. But your son in law will have the same problem 
When I will have a son in law, I will do the same. :D

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 03:05:29 PM »
No he doesn't. With the Mk1 you do not need to remove anything.

jazzaro

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 03:09:13 PM »
Aah, a wild mk1.

Tags:

anything