Author Topic: jazz 2016 brake fluid  (Read 1746 times)

mutilatoruk

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SE 2016 1.3 6MT
jazz 2016 brake fluid
« on: December 23, 2019, 11:26:31 AM »
Hi looking at replacing the brake fluid on my car. The manual & cap say use either dot3 or dot4, anyone got any idea what brake fluid Honda uses from the factory? I don't like mixing if I can help it.

cheers

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: jazz 2016 brake fluid
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 11:39:10 AM »
Hi looking at replacing the brake fluid on my car. The manual & cap say use either dot3 or dot4, anyone got any idea what brake fluid Honda uses from the factory? I don't like mixing if I can help it.

cheers

Use DOT4 or DOT4 ESP ( ESP = higher quality / lower viscosity - supposed to be better for systems with ABS / VSA which includes Jazz - Honda Vehicle Stability Assist - which uses ABS brakes selectively to brake different wheels / cuts engine power to correct skids etc. )  I prefer to use Mobil ( costs a bit more but compared to the work bleeding brakes the cost of fluid is insignificant )  Comma and others all OK.

DOT 3, 4, 5.1 all glycol based and can be mixed, strangely DOT 5 is silicone based and can only be used in systems with compatible seal materials.. as the DOT ( Department Of Transport ) number gets larger the max temp of the fluid gets higher,  but DOT 4 is plenty for road use - not sure if you can still buy DOT3 fluid ?

https://www.mobil-ancillaries.com/products/brakefluid

I did buy an eezi-bleed pressure bleeder but could not get a reservoir cap to fit Honda ( it is not a screw cap but a kind of 1/4 twist bayonet thing ) so ended up with brake fluid everywhere - then bought  MityVac vacuum bleeder which I have used many times.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mityvac-MV8020-Vacuum-Bottle-Bleeder/dp/B005O2LQLQ?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duc08-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B005O2LQLQ

you can pay extra for silverline mityvac kits and get a storage case,  there are cheaper kits around but mityvac is still IMHO the gold standard and very well built.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 12:01:23 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
Re: jazz 2016 brake fluid
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 07:34:32 PM »
Pay attention to not let any air bubble to enter inside the circuit while changing the fluid, air will easiliy stop in the ABS-ESP hydraulic module and, if this will happen, you will have to launch a bleed software procedure to remove air from the  module.

Tags:

anything