Author Topic: A moment of joy....  (Read 3060 times)

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
A moment of joy....
« on: February 21, 2021, 12:34:19 PM »
Mrs Westy and me went for an hour and a 1/2 walk in our local forest, Kings Forest, yesterday. We stopped half way and sat on a fallen tree for 10 minutes. No noise, just sunlight, trees and even warm enough to just wear a fleece. After all the cold weather, it was such a nice experience.

In the entire walk we only met one other person. Suffolk still has some places you can escape the crowds and find some peace. Much needed.

Saw lots of Snowdrops whilst driving there, and this morning we have mini Daffodils on flower in the garden!

Moments of joy to be appreciated.  :)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: A moment of joy....
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 01:47:41 PM »
It was such a beautiful day here, too, that drew me out of the house. I just went down to my garage and "diddled". Rubbed down and treated some rusty bits. Sorted the garage out a bit. I just got out of the house and enjoyed the fresh air. And just in shirt sleeves.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 02:51:11 PM »
We had a pleasant couple of days in the garden in the warm re-edging the front garden courtesy of our neighbour who is having his front drive re-block paved. The blocks that were coming up did our job very nicely but we are both knackered now and didn't get our usual Sunday walk because of it, our age is catching up with us now sad to say.

Vic.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 05:22:30 PM »
We had a lovely walk on the tops and came across this beast. Bet somebody here will know what it is...

Westy36

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 05:35:57 PM »
Oh my, that is a good find. I would love to discover one of those on a walk! A ZIL Russian truck I believe. Very interesting things and and super rare in this county.  :D

When I was in the Czech Republic a few years ago I visited an outdoor military museum not so far from Pilsen. Lots of Ruski hardware and the odd T34 tank here or there. Very exciting for bloke like me!  ;D

We went for another forest walk today. So nice to get out and about. Lots of jobs to do in the garden, but they can wait. It's just so nice to feel a change of weather, bearing in mind only a week ago it was snow and minus 10c!

richardfrost

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2021, 05:43:17 PM »
Oh my, that is a good find. I would love to discover one of those on a walk! A ZIL Russian truck I believe. Very interesting things and and super rare in this county.  :D
Must be something in the air around here. Down in the town there's another military truck parked in a tree and a sort of tank parked outside a pub. I shall have to fish out the photos.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 06:09:48 PM »
There's someone who zooms past our house every few months in a 101 forward control Land Rover in full camo dress. No idea who it is, or where they live - it must be hidden somewhere, or word would get round.

I remember when nobody wanted to touch them because of the running costs, but they fetch bloody good money now.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 06:52:48 PM »
We had a lovely walk on the tops and came across this beast. Bet somebody here will know what it is...
It's a GMC "Deuce-and-a-half".

richardfrost

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2021, 08:57:11 PM »
It's a GMC "Deuce-and-a-half".

Certainly looks more like this than the Zil. Does this make it essentially a Vauxhall?  ;D

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2021, 09:23:24 PM »
Certainly looks more like this than the Zil. Does this make it essentially a Vauxhall?  ;D

Always said they were better made than the Fords  ;)

richardfrost

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2021, 05:10:55 PM »
Found those other vehicle pics I took on my wander. I know what two of them are but the other two are a mystery. It's a brave person who left their Landy in a remote location for so long!

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2021, 05:42:09 PM »
Third is a Scorpion, don't know the model. Fourth looks like an Austin K9. Someone will be along shortly to give the definitive answers .................

My moment of joy today is a fresh MOT on my 21yr old Yaris. Simple things ............

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2021, 06:50:12 PM »
I think the tank is a FV107 Scimitar.

I don't think the truck is a K9, but something very similar. It's a distinctive vertical barred grill... like you see on old Russian GAZ trucks. Somebody out there must know what it is.

guest4871

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2021, 07:25:29 PM »
Yes the tank is a Scimitar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FV107_Scimitar

The pick-up looks American to me.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2021, 07:49:21 PM »