Author Topic: Leather trim  (Read 2453 times)

guest200

Leather trim
« on: November 10, 2007, 11:11:11 AM »
When we bought our Jazz two and a half years ago we were offered the option of leather trim (seats & door cards) to a colour of our choice for an extra £1,200. We decided to take up the offer and are very happy with the results with a blend of Black and Grey leather .

When the new Civic was launched we went for a test drive. The dealer offered us £1,200 more on the p/x because our car had a leather interior. So, in effect, if we decided to change cars, the leather would not have cost us any more.
I’m glad we stuck with the Jazz (except for the handbrake) because what I initially thought was beautiful Civic, has no appeal to me at all now I have got used to the shape.

I have not seen any other Jazz’s with leather interior out there. Does anyone on this forum have one?

guest221

• Topic Starter
Re: Leather trim
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 06:12:12 PM »
[quote:76cymsee]I’m glad we stuck with the Jazz (except for the handbrake) because what I initially thought was beautiful Civic, has no appeal to me at all now I have got used to the shape.[/quote]

The Civic drives nicely but is not as stylish as either the jazz or the old Civic. I don’t like the silly rear spoiler or the black plastic wheelarch trim. Also, the fuel-filler cap has echos of a Pimp My Ride Citroen Saxo at the local McDonald’s car park, and that glass-effect front ‘grille’ is pure Cameo codpiece.

guest244

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 02:56:12 PM »
I very nearly bought an ice-blue SE that had leather trim. I found it on a Honda dealer’s website but on arriving at the dealership found that the mileage info was wrong and the car had done over 20,000 miles more. The reason I was looking at that model was because it had a sunroof.

Leather trim would have been nice but I couldn’t help thinking it looked a little like pvc - maybe because there doesn’t seem to be much stitching. I admit I didn’t look too closely though because once I found out the mileage (and there were a LOT of scratches on it), I quickly moved on.

guest200

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 03:56:12 PM »
The leather on our Jazz looks really well. We were offered a choice of colours to choose from (we opted for black and grey) and we were also given an option on the colour of stitching. The interior looks as good now as it did the day we bought it over two years ago.

Tags: