Author Topic: Driving in the fog  (Read 2003 times)

guest2765

Driving in the fog
« on: March 25, 2012, 06:40:15 AM »
ok so it really isnt fun when you can only see about 8 meters infront of the car (full or dipped beams made little difference). but just wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences in the fog?? (crashes, idiot drivers, etc.) my worst thing was an audi driver thought ok to keep fog lights on (and his full beams) when driving in an area with visibility above 200m (dual carriageway so i overtook him at 70....and the rest of the way was clear of fog along the road) dont know if he can tell the foggy bits from non foggy bits (maybe he is just an idiot..was driving an audi after all).. but ah well whats everyones experiences with driving in the fog if you have any?

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Driving in the fog
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 06:57:08 PM »
Use of fog lights is more about common sense.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Driving in the fog
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 07:12:54 PM »
I think some people either have bad eyes or dirty windscreens because they put on all their fogs lights  at the slightest sign of the thinnest mist - and in daylight too!!   Fog lights proper are only for the very worst fog at night time.  By all means put headlights on if visibility is less than perfect - but nothing is worse than seeing cars driving round with fogs on all the time - i have had people driving behind me in the dark (no fog) on unlit roads with dipped and fogs on - and guess what - if you flash your rear fogs at them to let them know they are dazzling you they very often give you main beam for your troubles and still don't get the message.  Apparently it's OK to have your front fogs on all the time but not the rear ones  :o
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: