Author Topic: Kn*bhead cuts in then brake checks me  (Read 1201 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Kn*bhead cuts in then brake checks me
« on: December 19, 2019, 10:03:22 PM »
At lunchtime I was on the Edinburgh City Bypass. I had a truck on my rear bumper and faster overtaking traffic. A kn*bhead then cuts in, and when I blew my horn he then brake checks me. Upset my wife no end. I wonder of he would have been so keen if he knew he was brake checking a 71 year old man with osteoarthritis!

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
Re: Kn*bhead cuts in then brake checks me
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 10:12:50 PM »
Hi jocko

I am sorry that’s why I never sound my horn. The first thing that happens is they break

I think uk drivers are much much worse then when I started to drive

Many thanks

John

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 08:48:12 AM »
I wonder of he would have been so keen if he knew he was brake checking a 71 year old man with osteoarthritis!

To be honest Jocko, I don't think most of them give a shite.

I think uk drivers are much much worse then when I started to drive

Some of it's just the sheer volume of traffic, but yes, I agree - the general standard of driving is very poor these days. You see more drivers that are impatient, aggressive, inattentive, or generally think they can do what they like.

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 09:12:26 AM »
Hi

I thought I would share some of our footage of crazy drivers (mods - please delete if I should not have sorry)

Its a BMW undertaking when outside lane empty, with a car joining motorway from a slip road... 

Many thanks

John

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 04:13:51 PM »
These reports seem to be the normal driving standard these days.Drivers seem to think that the use of indicators is no longer required so you have no idea of their intentions on roundabouts. We have had a couple of foggy mornings recently and I am appalled at the number of cars and trucks with no headlights on which I blame on yet another,so called, driver aid, the auto headlight function.
Lincolnshire's roads are not good and it is an agricultural county so you drive accordingly yet the deaths on our roads total is as high as ever at nearly one a week.

Vic.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2019, 05:27:40 PM »
These reports seem to be the normal driving standard these days.Drivers seem to think that the use of indicators is no longer required so you have no idea of their intentions on roundabouts. We have had a couple of foggy mornings recently and I am appalled at the number of cars and trucks with no headlights on which I blame on yet another,so called, driver aid, the auto headlight function.
Lincolnshire's roads are not good and it is an agricultural county so you drive accordingly yet the deaths on our roads total is as high as ever at nearly one a week.

Vic.

Some drivers obviously think their car has automatic direction indicators...

I see many people nowadays driving in fog and darkness with only their front DLR lit up,  no tail lights at all.  Most auto headlight sensors don't respond to fog in daytime,  and those auto dip headlights are a waste of time...  I like it when
1. if you want the lights on you turn them on,
2. if it is raining you turn the wipers on
3. if a car comes the other way, you dip your lights.
4. if it is really foggy you put you rear fog light on,  but turn it off when no longer foggy - don't leave it on for a week.
5. you try to match the speed shown on the speedometer to those funny signs with 20, 30, 40, 50 at side of road or on   overhead gantry.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4871

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2019, 05:39:28 PM »

Some drivers obviously think their car has automatic direction indicators...

I see many people nowadays driving in fog and darkness with only their front DLR lit up,  no tail lights at all.  Most auto headlight sensors don't respond to fog in daytime,  and those auto dip headlights are a waste of time...  I like it when
1. if you want the lights on you turn them on,
2. if it is raining you turn the wipers on
3. if a car comes the other way, you dip your lights.
4. if it is really foggy you put you rear fog light on,  but turn it off when no longer foggy - don't leave it on for a week.
5. you try to match the speed shown on the speedometer to those funny signs with 20, 30, 40, 50 at side of road or on   overhead gantry.

Sounds good to me  :) I can live without self stopping, auto braking, and lane leaving, door open (!), key in lock(!), seat belt not on, and so on and so on warnings too.

I would like it to be mandatory that indicator stalks are on the the same side of every car's steering wheel. Quite a simple idea really which would end endless confusion and generally help the world.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2019, 06:50:12 PM »
I am quite happy with warnings for lights left on, door not properly closed or seat belts not fastened. As for everything else, I like to control it myself.
And as for rear fog lights, I only put it/them on when I am the last car. As soon as someone comes up behind me I switch it/them off.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2019, 11:23:34 AM »
I had one a few weeks back. Two lanes go into one after the traffic lights, I'm in lane one and a Peugeot 208 is in lane two behind me, they overtake me (I sounded the horn when they appeared alongside me) and cross over double white lines and cut in alongside me and brake check. And in between the fist shaking/w@nker gesture from the driver I saw they had a dashcam next to their rear view mirror.

Disapointed they haven't put their footage on Youtube yet.  :P

Tags:

anything