Author Topic: Another Jazz but a Hybrid this time.  (Read 4034 times)

guest3300

Another Jazz but a Hybrid this time.
« on: June 09, 2012, 04:19:31 PM »
Hi everyone.

Just picked up our new Jazz HS Hybrid.
We had an 06 1.4 SE CVT and She Who Must Be Obeyed decided that we needed a new car for our retirement.
I must admit that the Jazz has certainly moved on from our six year old model and the performance, especially from a standing start, is much improved.
I've been looking around the forum prior to registering and must thank all for the valuable hints and tips especially those who've got Hybrids. Your comments were invaluable and played a large part in our decision to go the Hybrid route.
Well, I'd better qualify that...MY decision to go for the Hybrid....

The wife, SWMBO, went for the colour, Crystal Black, because it matched our little black furry person (Black Cocker spaniel). ;D

guest2662

• Topic Starter
Re: Another Jazz but a Hybrid this time.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 05:39:58 PM »
 ;D

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 05:59:33 PM »
Welcome to the world of Hybrid Jazz ownership, hopefully it will be cost-effective period of ownership. We all eagerly await your words of wisdom and wit.

Ozzie  ;D

guest2765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 06:53:11 PM »
welcome :)

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 10:01:22 AM »
Hello and welcome  8)

guest3300

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 12:57:21 AM »
Thanks for the welcomes guys, just returned from a week away and have had a chance to see how the petrol consumption worked out.
The first tankful has done from Ewans of Cornhill, a BRILLIANT Honda dealership by the way, to Aberdeen, a few days running about locally and then down to Port Seton which is to the East of Edinburgh. Some more local driving and then back up to Aberdeen where the low fuel light came on.
Cruise control set to 70 on motorways and dual carriageways and keeping (nearly) to speed limits elsewhere.
According to the readout we've got 64.8mpg while the mileage to tank refill works out at 62.5mpg.
Well chuffed so far as we'll probably be able to squeeze a few more mpg when we've got used to the car and the engine's slackened off a bit.
The main thing is that SWMBO is still smiling so that's me one happy bunny.

PS. Our little black furry person (Milly) goes straight to sleep as soon as we get going so I'll take that as a "Yes" from her as well. ;D

Tags: