Author Topic: Waving from the fog.  (Read 4814 times)

guest2915

Waving from the fog.
« on: November 20, 2011, 11:16:47 AM »
Hi there.

I've just bought my first Honda Jazz. 2004 (54) 1.4 i-DSI SE Manual  ;D

I know it's not brand new but it's only done a genuine 28,000 miles, is in excellent condition and is sweet to drive. I probably paid a little bit more than I should have but I am very happy with it and my brother is pleased with it as a complete package.

I have just come out of a very upsetting and disappointing experience with Hyundai and as my brother had had nothing but good experiences with his Honda bikes and my OH is a head gardener for a large estate and swears by Honda lawnmowers; we decided to visit our local Honda dealer and seems like we found a lovely little car.

Only thing it doesn't have is the fog lights and city pack body strips so maybe these are worth having or not? Can't pick and choose with used vehicles.

I am very excited about taking delivery of it. The only 2 modern cars I covet are the Toyota Yaris and the Honda Jazz. I love my classic cars too and own a Classic Mini Cooper who needs serious restoration lol.

All being well I pick it up next Saturday and I'm very excited.

guest2662

• Topic Starter
Re: Waving from the fog.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 12:17:04 PM »
hi and welcome hope it as reliable as the lawnmower.  ;D

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 01:22:37 PM »
Hi and welcome, i can honestly say that getting a honda will be the best move you have ever made! i have had honda engined vehicles (firstly rovers with honda units fitted) for 23 years now, and i can tell you, i have not had a single problem with any of them mechanically wise. Just your usual little niggles and wear and tear items... the yaris is a fantastic little motor too, if i ever want to put someone in a small car it would either be a jazz or my 2nd choice, a yaris. Sounds like you have got a nice jazz there... our 2002 SE has done just over 100,000 miles now and is sweet as a nut, especially after the new 8 spark plugs i have just fitted....  ;D looking forward to seeing some pics of your cars soon.

guest2915

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 01:50:01 PM »
Thank you for the welcome.

I feel very privileged to be getting one, albeit an older model.

The car was fresh in as a part ex on the 444 deal. So fresh that no-one had seen it. When the salesman brought it over from the other site he said it was a lovely little car and far better than the 04 auto I was going to test drive. I prefer a manual car.luckily my brother has good knowledge of our local Honda dealer and knows this guy quite well.

Having been really stung by the Hyundai salesman I have a better feeling about this. As I said probably paid a bit over the odds but it may cancel itself out if the car is a good 'un!

Also I've always had hand me down cars, even my Cooper, so the Hyundai was the first car ever bought at a main dealer and rather barred my impression somewhat. :o

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 02:08:08 PM »
I completely forgot to say anything about my all time favourite little british icon!! get some pics of them both together when you get the chance please! i frequent a lot of classic car shows here in the northwest during the summer, and i simply love the original mini... not a massive fan of the new style one, although i believe they are a good car, but at the end of the day its a little beemer!
What year is the cooper, is it a later one? they drive and handle like a go kart! wicked and cute little motor.... you have two lovely cars which you are indeed privelaged and lucky to have, enjoy them!  ;D

It sounds like you turned up at the right time when you bought this jazz, as you say, its worth paying that little bit more for a better car, which, if you look after, will look after you. I am sure it will give you many years of happy trouble free (and cheap) motoring. .. ;)

guest2915

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 02:44:16 PM »
My poor little Cooper currently resumes in a garden of a friend. I'm sure she'll be restored one day. I'll post a piccie when I get some time.

Also cannot stand the Blob MINIs  lol

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 03:07:27 PM »
Be nice to see the little mini... the new one does not have the right to wear the name... its too big! lol. Have you seen the new 5dr version?? its massive! it dwarfs the jazz!! lol... Look forward to seeing the pics!  ;D

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 04:59:50 PM »
Yo Vampyra!  :D :D :D

guest2915

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 05:14:32 PM »
Yo Geoff! ;D

malcolmgb

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 EX I-MMD CVT Platinum White / 2017 1.3 I-Vtec EX Milano Red - now Sold / 2008 1.4 i-DSi SE Storm Silver - now Sold
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 09:29:09 PM »
Welcome Vampyra, like your brother I'm a Honda biker too, and like you I have owned Mini's including a real 60's Cooper, I'm a new Jazz owner and still getting used to it.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

guest2915

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 10:31:06 PM »
Well let's hope our Honda journey is trouble free!

I've just been reading through the recalls and wheel bearing/gear box issues and and going to phone the garage with some forum knowledge and make sure the recall work is done, they fix  what I thought was just an old loose hand break and make them aware that I am aware of the gearbox andwheel bearing issues.

All knowledge is power  ;)

Tags:

anything