Author Topic: New Baby  (Read 887 times)

InitialD

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk1 1.4 DSI Manual
New Baby
« on: May 12, 2023, 03:41:50 PM »
Hello!

I am the proud new owner of a 2008 Jazz Mk1 1.4 manual🤘.

Started off looking at my old pinup of the EP3, then worried about rust, prices and general comfort so progressed to FN2… ended up with the more sensible intention of buying a jazz mk3 sport for Honda’s legendary engineering, economy, practicality and enough legal entertainment for public roads.

Test ride was fun and deal decent but saw this mk1 around the corner which appeared to be in good shape on the inside (apart from some supermarket battle scars) and significantly cheaper… To my untrained eye, the underbody seemed relatively un-rusty for the age too and only 40k on the clock.

I enjoy some basic tinkering but this usually ends in tears when bolts are rusted on and knuckles are raw. Having just done a basic service with oil, filters and spark plugs, I’m pleased to say it seemed quite straightforward on this car and all pretty accessible. Transmission oil to be done once I have better access to a ramp. Hopefully she will look after me for a while.

Hoping to keep her as a daily runner for as long as the salty British winters will allow 🙏🙏

Happy motoring!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: New Baby
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 04:20:24 PM »
Welcome. I loved my DSi. I take it you replaced all EIGHT spark plugs?

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: New Baby
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 11:01:57 AM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Tags:

anything