Author Topic: Parking sensors not working  (Read 6158 times)

Yas

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Jazz 1.3 SE
Parking sensors not working
« on: January 28, 2023, 07:45:22 PM »
Hello all, new member and owner of a 2016, 1.3 SE.

My parking sensors were working but now they are not.

The parking sensor switch is flashing green but not staying green.

When I switch on the engine there is a tone, the info display on the dash shows a picture of the car in amber, with all of the sensors showing.

There is also an amber 'i', and when I click the info button on the steering wheel it provides zero information, just the aforementioned picture.

The car dealer is no use and I can find no answers in the manual, on Google or YouTube, it's so frustrating.

Can someone please help, or is anyone else experiencing the same issues?

Cheers guys

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Parking sensors not working
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 09:37:15 PM »
At the risk of stating the blindingly obvious, have you inadvertently switched them off? There is a switch down by your right knee which could be accidentally nudged when entering or exiting the car.

Beachball

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 i vtec navi
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 09:31:34 AM »
I have a 2019 Jazz,and i've also accidently switched the sensors off as mentioned above. ;)

degzi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Gd1
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 12:51:22 PM »
For some reason mine seem to be randomly turned off usually after rain.

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 01:45:05 PM »
Parking sensors switch off by itself if there is water, snow or dirt on the sensor. The systen cannot be switched on either, until the obscuring stuff is away.

However, I have never seen the "i" or described picture on the infodisplay.

My advice is to first wipe the sensors clean if the system is behaving stragely.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 01:48:48 PM by TnTkr »

Yas

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2023, 07:11:22 PM »
At the risk of stating the blindingly obvious, have you inadvertently switched them off? There is a switch down by your right knee which could be accidentally nudged when entering or exiting the car.

Thank you for your response, the switch is on, but instead of the led staying green, it's flashing green.

Yas

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2023, 07:14:54 PM »
Parking sensors switch off by itself if there is water, snow or dirt on the sensor. The systen cannot be switched on either, until the obscuring stuff is away.

However, I have never seen the "i" or described picture on the infodisplay.

My advice is to first wipe the sensors clean if the system is behaving stragely.

Hello,

I have given them a wipe, but nothing has changed.

Seems as though this isn't a common fault

BadgerMk3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk3
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2023, 08:27:17 PM »
I've never seen the 'i' on the display as you describe, nor the flashing green on the button.

I've not tried it on the Jazz, but on other cars you can normally feel the sensors pulsing once the system is engaged. You would normally have to work around the various safety interlocks to get this to work though and indeed do a 'walk test' for each sensor - front and rear.

It reads to me as though you have either a sensor failure or a fault on the parking sensor module.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2023, 10:59:07 PM »
There is a procedure for turning the rear sensors off and on, P461 of the online manual (may be slightly different page in different editions or in hard copy); you're looking for a page titled "Turning off all rear sensors". This seems to mention some of the things you describe, eg the blinking light on the switch. Might be worth trying that procedure to see if it brings the system back.

Yas

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2023, 03:06:16 AM »
There is a procedure for turning the rear sensors off and on, P461 of the online manual (may be slightly different page in different editions or in hard copy); you're looking for a page titled "Turning off all rear sensors". This seems to mention some of the things you describe, eg the blinking light on the switch. Might be worth trying that procedure to see if it brings the system back.

Thank you, it's worth a go.

I have tried resetting it twice, but it made no difference.

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2023, 03:50:52 PM »
Does the i indicate there is information stored in the information menu, which might contain more detailed information on the error.
Think on my Jazz mk4, when the i indicator is displayed, I’ve accessed the information menu and found a message relating to issue in there. Unsure if this is same on other versions.

Yas

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2023, 07:52:05 PM »
Does the i indicate there is information stored in the information menu, which might contain more detailed information on the error.
Think on my Jazz mk4, when the i indicator is displayed, I’ve accessed the information menu and found a message relating to issue in there. Unsure if this is same on other versions.

This is the most frustrating part of the issue.

It tells me there's something wrong with all of the sensors, but only by showing a diagram, there is no written information.

I am going to clean all of them with wd-40 in a bit, and provide an update

Yas

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2023, 08:58:26 PM »
Update:

I have cleaned all of them with WD-40 - it hasn't worked.

I have carried out the procedure to switch off the rear sensors, as suggested earlier, that is in the manual - again, it hasn't worked.

There doesn't seem to be a quick fix, and will probably require fault finding on the electronics unless someone can tell me different?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2023, 10:10:55 PM »
I have a similar fault on the Fabia and my research shows that 99% of the time it is a faulty sensor. I was advised to buy a sensor and swap them out one at a time to see which one is faulty.

Yas

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2023, 10:41:51 PM »
That is the logical next step.

Did you your car indicate that all of the sensors were faulty, like mine is?

Tags: