Author Topic: My first few months with a crosstar  (Read 1439 times)

Derek cranage

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz crosstar
My first few months with a crosstar
« on: November 21, 2022, 02:25:33 PM »
The following are what I think ways the car could be improved on, most would be at no cost. having said that I do really like the car

The passenger seat is not height adjustable, Very bad. I have had units made to raise both front seats by 35mm (as approved by my insurance company) but the passenger seat is still to low. My wife is 4'10" tall and I am 5'11"

The Satnav, route should not be highlighted once you have passed that point.

The front door armrests are matt black and the rear door armrests gloss, they should be the same.

The auto stopped brake should remain as last set, when you restart the car.

The carpet quality is poor, and the loose carpets you purchase are far too small especially the rear, I have had some made to my own templates that cover the whole of the floor area front (high up behind the bulk head) and for the whole of the floor area at the back and boot. this has also helped cutting some road noise out.

The hazard warning light switch is located in a bad position. I have switched it on numerous times when operating the radio and satnav etc

Why do you need a gear stick? a switch would be a lot better, neater and cheaper.

On the main dashboard display the ACC display should be in the position of the IKAS display (swopped over) as the ACC is cruise control and the other cruise control indicators are on the opposite side of the dashboard display This would then keep all the cruise control indicators together in one area.

I don’t know why you need 3 different rear camera settings, one is ok

I would have liked the MPG trip to be able to be set to a single trip, BUT with it not going to zero if you restart within 2 hours (Merc had this). Stop at services and you have lost the info.

The two stalks around the steering wheel, left for lights and right for wipers. if they are both left in auto mode, which most people do, the right stalk is one notch down so that are not level left to right.

I would have liked a bigger wattage drive battery. However, I acknowledge that this would cost more.

I have changed the boot light for a LED one.

My car is the red and after a stone chip I found it cannot be touched up, as its a 3 part paint. you have to have the whole panel resprayed. My fault I should Have chosen a plain colour but I think most of the colours have no life in them. I would have preferred a strong mid blue colour

For interest: -

I would have liked a self-park feature, even as an extra purchase (My Mercedes had this and I miss it) as well as rear cross (sideways) censors.

I am finding it does better MPG in none Eco mode. I have had over 72MPG in local conditions and just over 60MPG on a run. Since having the car and 6,000 miles the average is 62.1MPG

I do like the car It's not excessively noisy when driven in a normal manner (which was of my fears)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: My first few months with a crosstar
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 03:14:51 PM »
My Jazz is red and I ordered the Honda touchup kit.

I did get a small stonechip, ages ago, and the kit, basecoat and topcoat, worked perfectly.

I went to Hobbycraft and bought their finest brush as the kit one is like a wallpaper brush in comparison. Using a set of powerful lighted lenses I filled it in with 3 applications and now I can't find it even though I know roughly where it was.

I've tried the cocktail stick ploy in the past and it didn't work for me as it collected a blob of paint whereas the brush tip held a small amount that was just right.
Let's be careful out there !

mitchelln

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 04:30:35 PM »
I actually find the rear view camera mode that looks straight down really useful when finishing parallel parking and reversing into places with a wall or other obstacle at the back.

Agree that the degree of scrimping that's been applied has certain annoyances like the passenger seat having no height adjustment. Plus other silly little things like the passenger floor not having the mat clips fitted so you have to faff about with a knife. Plus what's with the rear head rests? They are either up or down, no notches to adjust their height! The boot light not being LED is another silly penny pinch. These are not cheap cars.

I'm a little disappointed that the automatic wipers are still no better than the ones I had on my 2009. In light rain they just do not trigger and the bit that drives me nuts is when I reverse off our drive after rain and a river of water runs down the windshield, but the wipers don't trigger! Plus there is no way to do a single wipe. On the JDM model, you push the stalk forward to do one wipe (a useful feature most Japanese cars have, plus adjustable speed intermittant wipe).

I went with black. Partly because of the cost and partly because I know it's the easiest colour to repair.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 04:50:39 PM by mitchelln »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 05:03:44 AM »
My auto wipers work perfectly. I do have to adjust the rotating bit as I find the sensitivity does seem to change slightly from journey to journey.

I haven't needed to use mine but can't you push the wiper stalk upwards, spring loaded, to get a single wipe ?

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 11:16:04 AM »
Chipex do the three stage kit for the crystal red pearl paint. It’s far better than the Honda two stage kit. Match is perfect too

mitchelln

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2022, 01:23:06 PM »
My auto wipers work perfectly. I do have to adjust the rotating bit as I find the sensitivity does seem to change slightly from journey to journey.

I haven't needed to use mine but can't you push the wiper stalk upwards, spring loaded, to get a single wipe ?
Even on maximum sensitivity, they often don;t come on or only do an unsuitably sow intermittent wipe when full on wiping is really needed.
I'll try the stalk up for a single wipe, but then you're knocking it out of auto mode of course. The JDM method is so handy as you can just do a single extra wipe if needed no matter what mode you're in.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2022, 01:30:14 PM »
TBH I've only been out in mine with drizzle or very light rain, when I got caught out. Not enough to warrant continual wiping.

One of the joys of retirement and having a Tesco Extra and B&Q Warehouse within a 5 minute walk  :)

Derek cranage

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz crosstar
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2022, 10:28:46 AM »
Chipex do the three stage kit for the crystal red pearl paint. It’s far better than the Honda two stage kit. Match is perfect too

I sent a photo to chip ex and they said because it was a large damage about 30mm long the only way would be to spray the whole panel.
I did build it up over time with the Honda kit and it now almost invisible I know where it is and can just find it. I did use a very fine artist brush.
Another tip I have tried in the past is to find a nail varnish that matches the colour and use that, it dries very hard.
The stone chip off another car on the m1 also damaged the plastic trim on the rear offside door I obtained some colormix that is used on work kitchen tops and filled the scratch on the plastic make sure the surface pattern was repeated. That is invisible ( you can mix various shades of colormix to get the correct required shade)

Tags: