Author Topic: Changing clock aftermarket stereo  (Read 2687 times)

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Changing clock aftermarket stereo
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2022, 12:00:16 PM »
Maybe the days of replacing dashboard  radios with  better, well known brands   are coming to an end.  I can see the benefits of upgrading  older cars  with obsolete  equipment by fitting a double din infotainment system,with screen bluetooth, usb's and extra stuff. 

But more recent cars may  already have much of this equipment, and reasonably decent quality.  A complete replacement may bring complications with comparatively few improvements.   

Of course many will want or need  to upgrade  sound quality, and maybe add some  extra  gismos. Better amplifier, better speakers  etc.    Perhaps the future will be more towards upgrades using hidden boxes that use  the original built in controls.   But I suppose there will still be compatibility issues , without any styling improvements. 
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Ddbassman

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Mk3 2017
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2022, 08:45:03 PM »
Yes I believe you are correct. The apple car play is a massive improvement for me though. The only issue is the clock.

I am very tempted to try and build an interface but it maybe slightly out of my skill level.

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2023, 06:35:24 PM »
Did you ever find a solution for your problem as I’m just about to change the original (rubbish) head unit for an Alpine Wireless CarPlay unit?

Tags: