Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Watch for rust around the rear petrol filler cap...Mud builds up above the pipe and....

Is there an easy way to check and see if there is mud build-up (and clean it out) before it becomes a problem?
Easiest way is to jack up car at rear (no need to remove wheel ), take gloved hand and feel for mud on top of the box section holding the filler pipe/filler assembly. This is is a grovel job on your knees so a kneeling pad and a light help. A jetwash will help but if the corrosion is bad, you may end up making holes....

I use a jetwash, then an ordinary hose, let it dry and smothered it all in wax oslution to keep it dry.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by pauly58 on April 21, 2024, 11:14:50 AM »
I noticed on the tail gate struts stamped Made in China, I wonder if this brake simulator is the same, it's seems the usual story, not made in Japan, assembled in Japan might be nearer the truth. This is what has ruined BMW & so many of the European companies, using Chinese parts that are rubbish.

I was After Sales Manager at a Nissan dealer a few years ago, sensors failing all the time, the ones that came in Renault boxes could even fail again, genuine Nissan stamped Nippon Denso were fine. Renault destroyed Nissan.
I sought out a manual shift when choosing my pre-owned 1.3 Mk 3, although I had read that the CVT transmission has a slightly better fuel consumption.  On first acquaintance, I felt as though I was paddling the car along with the gear shift in order to make progress.  However, that said, the 6-speed gearbox is smooth and a joy to use and I am well pleased with a petrol consumption approaching 60 mpg when cruising on the motorway.
Watch for rust around the rear petrol filler cap...Mud builds up above the pipe and....

Is there an easy way to check and see if there is mud build-up (and clean it out) before it becomes a problem?
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Honda Jazz 2019 - Radio stuff - Honda Hack etc
« Last post by ColinB on April 21, 2024, 07:32:38 AM »
So the question is - does anyone know how to get that startup screen not come up?

And does the "Honda Hack" http://www.autohack.org/ - work with Jazz 2019? It seems that the other car radios from that website are 1:1 the same as mine hence the question.

Don’t think anyone’s ever reported being able to get rid of it. It’s Honda’s way of covering their back if you crash the car whilst trying to tune the radio. “Well sir, you were warned …”

As for the HondaHack, personally I’d be very wary about allowing unknown software into the car, especially software that (from the list of stuff that it enables) seems to have access to the car’s main data bus. It may well do everything claimed, but what else does it do?

I note that one of the claims is that it overcomes the parking brake check. If that enables you to do things like watch video whilst driving, that may make it illegal and your insurance company may have something to say about that.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Lincolnshire Rambler on April 20, 2024, 08:38:50 PM »
I dont have any worry with DM Keith and i suspect they would fight for the customer on our behalf if needed . As you say Nicksey lets hope we dont need the brake issue appearing !
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Flat battery (my fault).
« Last post by davejazz on April 20, 2024, 08:20:34 PM »
Keep an eye on the battery

Once they have gone completely flat they can lose charge rapidly

We had a new Metro, she left the lights on. Even after a long trickle charge and two consecutive 100 mile journeys the battery still died again overnight

New battery, problem solved

Thanks for that Kremmen.

Those thoughts will be going through my mind , as I count sheep tonight, prior to my 250 mile trip tomorrow!

Ha ha.

So,…. drove the 250 mile journey, parked up, and went on my holiday for a fortnight.

On the return today, it started first time.

Because most of the 500 mile journey was motorway, I have seen my average mpg figure drop from 72 miles per gallon, to 69 miles per gallon. Still, shouldn’t grumble!

« Last post by UKjim on April 20, 2024, 08:02:01 PM »
Really wish I went with your brand of the radio - mine is trash in comparison to be honest. I was looking as extensively as I could whilst doing my research (and I was assured by the seller that everything will work as intended)

Even the back of your radio indicates quality - mine is a mess. Im still reluctant whether I should go with the canbus or not - I do hope nothing breaks through bad canbus configuration :(
Give it a shot, can't see it doing any harm, worst that can happen is that it won't work.

The Joying unit is very good and worth the additional cost, arrived with 5 days of ordering and their customer service is excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last post by eskatephil on April 20, 2024, 07:57:49 PM »
Really wish I went with your brand of the radio - mine is trash in comparison to be honest. I was looking as extensively as I could whilst doing my research (and I was assured by the seller that everything will work as intended)

Even the back of your radio indicates quality - mine is a mess. Im still reluctant whether I should go with the canbus or not - I do hope nothing breaks through bad canbus configuration :(
« Last post by UKjim on April 20, 2024, 07:41:52 PM »
Thank you for the reply - I just got the canbus delivered today, Im semi reluctant to install it.. but since you had an good experience I might go with it.

So I assume you can set the clock normally now? Without the canbus I cannot enter the menu on the right hand side - I presume you can access all the menus? Clock / tyre pressure warning etc?
Yes everything as normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10