Author Topic: Water sloshing sound in floorpan  (Read 971 times)

jaffacake1066

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz
Water sloshing sound in floorpan
« on: May 18, 2020, 06:06:13 PM »
Hi, does anyone have any experience of a sound of water sloshing around in the floorpan when braking. The carpets are dry, I have checked the scuttles and they are clear. If the car is hardly moving and I brake I can hear what seems to be water moving backwards and forwards and it seems to becoming from under the floor.

geoffchats

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi
Re: Water sloshing sound in floorpan
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 06:20:46 PM »
Hi, does anyone have any experience of a sound of water sloshing around in the floorpan when braking. The carpets are dry, I have checked the scuttles and they are clear. If the car is hardly moving and I brake I can hear what seems to be water moving backwards and forwards and it seems to becoming from under the floor.
Sounds to me like it might be fuel in the tank? Maybe a baffle has come loose? Has it only started to make a sloshing noise recently?

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 07:33:51 PM »
I agree that it is probably the fuel in the tank.  The fuel tank is positioned under the floor beneath the front seats. You will find the noise is most noticeable when the tank is nearly full.

jaffacake1066

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 03:51:55 PM »
Hi, I have never noticed it before until a few weeks ago. It's a 2014 Jazz, its annoying to be honest and seems like there is quite alot of liquid moving around.

jaffacake1066

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 03:57:22 PM »
Thanks for your replies

Tags:

anything