Author Topic: WhatCar? Used car award 2017  (Read 2352 times)

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
WhatCar? Used car award 2017
« on: November 22, 2017, 08:02:28 PM »
Just been reading about the latest Whatcar? used car award. Can't believe they gave it to Fiesta for the small hatch section. Now I am sure the Fiesta has its good points but surely the most important thing for a used-car, infact, for any car, is reliability. May be it's not as good to drive as the Fiesta, but the Jazz is not that bad. Ok, price may be higher but that's because it's good and holds its value.

The other cars on the list were the Fabia and A1. With its DSG gearbox problem well documented, how can they be shortlisted?

Name a major problem with the Jazz? I can't. So surely, the "experts" have got it wrong?

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: WhatCar? Used car award 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 08:42:38 PM »
It all depends on the size of the bung.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 09:09:26 PM »
I don't know the exact criteria but motoring journalists seem to put everything on driveability, handling etc etc and from everything you read the Fiesta is well ahead of the Jazz in these departments.

But, second hand, reliability surely has to be the key factor along with general useability and here the Jazz comes out on top. It regularly tops Which best second hand buys.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 09:15:02 PM »

The other cars on the list were the Fabia and A1. With its DSG gearbox problem well documented, how can they be shortlisted?

Name a major problem with the Jazz? I can't. So surely, the "experts" have got it wrong?

So called experts can be as biased as anyone, depends who is paying their wages, in other words who buys advertising space in the mags (being a bit generous here and not mentioning brown envelopes).

'ex' means 'used to be' and a 'spurt' is 'drip under pressure' - think that covers it.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

123Drive!

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 10:15:22 PM »
Thanks for the response and support! The Jazz is easy to drive if not fun. But the engineering is second to none! And the advert and money for the magazine, oh, I never thought of that! Oh well, that's life I guess.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 06:51:02 AM »
The JD Power survey is a better standard to go by. Results from real owners. Unfortunately, Honda is quite a bit down the list on their best buys. My wife's dentist always has the latest "What Car" in the waiting room, and I struggle to find any mention of Honda in there.

guest1372

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 08:49:35 PM »
Only trouble with Jazz, well all Hondas really, is the sales volume is so much lower than VAG & Ford, I believe there is a slight element of preaching to the choir in What Car, they probably don't wish to tell the majority of their readers that they bought the wrong car.

Although I'd agree with peteo48 that the Fiesta is a better drive.
--
TG

123Drive!

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2017, 12:42:58 AM »
And we live in a country with free press- that's so sad, TG!  :(Consumers don't even know the truth! Lol!

coffeecup

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 12:17:10 PM »
It might improve if they lowered the 'age requirement' to under 65.

Tags:

anything