Author Topic: I pod and using with Honda radio  (Read 1558 times)

Steve1962

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 ES Manual
I pod and using with Honda radio
« on: April 30, 2019, 06:35:08 PM »
I've got an Ipod and an a lead to connect it to the standard radio (2011 1.4 ES Manual) - it's the lead with the headphone jack at both ends - plugged it into the I pod and Aux socket on the radio and it works fine but I can only play the next track if I manually do it on the Ipod.
I also have a lead with the headphone jack on one end (plug that into the radio) and the other end is the same as you plug into the I pod to charge it - same result with this set up.

Is there a way I can connect the I pod to the radio and use the radio controls to move between tracks?

Thanks.

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
Re: I pod and using with Honda radio
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 09:02:35 AM »
I use my iPod all the time through the aux socket on my Mk1. There's no way you can get it to use the steering wheel controls via aux because it is an audio signal connector and doesn't transfer any data. You might get some joy if you can connect via bluetooth if that's available on radio and iPod. As I have an iPod classic the best I can do is shuffle through a playlist. In an aside I was doing just that for the music at a friend's party the other week, a 20 something was horrified at the archaic technology - might as well have brought a wind up gramophone.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

Steve1962

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 ES Manual
Re: I pod and using with Honda radio
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 09:34:17 PM »
I use my iPod all the time through the aux socket on my Mk1. There's no way you can get it to use the steering wheel controls via aux because it is an audio signal connector and doesn't transfer any data. You might get some joy if you can connect via bluetooth if that's available on radio and iPod. As I have an iPod classic the best I can do is shuffle through a playlist. In an aside I was doing just that for the music at a friend's party the other week, a 20 something was horrified at the archaic technology - might as well have brought a wind up gramophone.

Cheers for that, makes sense.
I guess the way to go is via bluetooth.

Thanks.

Tags:

anything