Author Topic: Whats the longest journey you've done in your Jazz?  (Read 5678 times)

guest5088

Whats the longest journey you've done in your Jazz?
« on: March 10, 2015, 06:30:05 AM »
Recently, I decided to take a job in Alice Springs. Famous for the large rock thats kinda-sorta nearby. So this morning I left Melbourne. It's 2,309km to Alice from there.

I'm doing it in an MY13 Hybrid. So far, it's performed admirably. I have all my worldly possessions in the back, my two dogs and a roof box on her and she still managed 6l/100km at speeds of 110-120km/h. Also, at the end of today's 850km leg from Melbourne to Burra, South Australia, my 6ft 3inch self wasn't broken in half!

Good work, my little Japanese Pack-Mule!

[attachment deleted by admin]

guest1521

• Topic Starter
Re: Whats the longest journey you've done in your Jazz?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 06:59:26 AM »
2009 GE 1.2: Many 360 mile journeys in UK broken by just one half-hour stop. Sometimes 4 of us and bootful of luggage. I'm 6'1", son 6'3", my wife 5'6" and daughter 5'4". Son was happy in the back. 70-75 mph...

Admittedly that's no big deal for some countries - such as Australia with reference to the OP.

Visit the American website for Jazz - badged Fit over there - (FitFreaks) and you'll find some do huge distances on interstate 'roadtrips' - day after day after day - quite happily in their little Honda. It truly is a car that can do most motoring tasks surprisingly well.

Andrewbuch

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Not yet - Looking at a 2010/2011 for the wife
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 07:39:03 AM »
We got ours in the beginning of December then headed to the coast for the holidays.  1100 km there. So 2200 km total trip. 6.3L per 100km average for whole trip. And that was at 120 to 150kph. We were also full up with stuff. 2 solid wood coffee tables, our pet rats and their cage, and a whole lot of kitchen appliances.

plasma

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 mark 4
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 09:11:53 AM »
Recently, I decided to take a job in Alice Springs. Famous for the large rock thats kinda-sorta nearby. So this morning I left Melbourne. It's 2,309km to Alice from there.

I'm doing it in an MY13 Hybrid. So far, it's performed admirably. I have all my worldly possessions in the back, my two dogs and a roof box on her and she still managed 6l/100km at speeds of 110-120km/h. Also, at the end of today's 850km leg from Melbourne to Burra, South Australia, my 6ft 3inch self wasn't broken in half!

Good work, my little Japanese Pack-Mule!
[T/quote]

That's some journey,10/10.

Plasma.

emmerdale

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 2013
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 11:55:01 AM »
What a heck of a journey,hope the roads are bet than those on 'outback trucker' ;)good luck and have a safe journey,keep us posted,would love to hear how the journey is going

guest3342

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 12:20:44 AM »
Yorkshire to the West of Ireland.Usually takes about 10 hours, including ferry travel & waiting at the docks.

athol

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2008 vtec cvt
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 08:48:04 AM »
Pietermaritzburg to Cape Town and back twice in the last couple of years -  about 6 800km in total (didn't keep accurate count!). My 2008 Jazz CVT performed admirably. The second trip comprised 4 adults with luggage overflowing on to the back seat. :-X
Will not go via the Transkei again though.

Geoffers

• Approved Member
  • Work is the curse of the drinking classes!
  • My Honda: 2016 HR-V SE-Navi Diesel
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 09:16:26 AM »
York to Auch in the Gers region of France - about 1000 miles!  ;D

I've done at least once in every Jazz I've had!
Geoff, York, UK.             Now driving an HR-V after 4 Jazzes!

JohnAlways

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 11:01:48 AM »
I went to my mothers funeral in Averyon (South France) about 1000 miles with the only stop being Dover - Dunkirk ferry and back again after 3 days aout 6 weeks ago. Roughly 2000 miles in total.
Same trip again early August but at least staying a couple of weeks then and having an overnight stay each way.
1.2s +AC and I need the AC there as it's going to be a hot summer.
Yet another service due when I get back :(

guest5168

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 08:44:50 PM »
have done 2 times trips across the europe on my 1st gen jazz ( 2003) , one time around 8000km other 6500km , both took about 2weeks and Not in a single Hotel we stayed in,basicly lived in the car for the whole time, recline the front seats and you get plenty of space for sleeping.

Also I do about 3-4x per year ~2500km trips on regular basis, not once it has let me down.

Now im actually planing a trip from UK to Indonesia, about 30,000 Km total Both ways ,however not sure if I should use my trusty jazz or get a 4x4 since the jazz isn't particular good offroader,maybe with good mud tires?

GSX600FMAN

• 2014 Jazz Hybrid GP1
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: GE6 1.4EX, GG6 1.4EX. Now Jazz Hybrid (2014) April 2019
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 06:37:29 PM »
From Northants area (UK) to Cluj-Napoca in Romania approximately 1500miles though i came back a longer route via northern Italy and Switzerland which was obviously a longer way back. The car was great though I lightly hit a deer in Austria as I was accelerating to join a motorway at night after a 'comfort break', no damage to bumper and deer run off with no limp or apparent damage, hopefully thanks to the ABS. Car did 120mph (GPS's not speedo which was like 130 or so) several times. Fuel was very cheap in Luxembourg  ;D and lots of camera flashes in Germany and Austria,  :o shhhh! But the Hungarians got me  :-[.
Going again very soon but in wife's 2013 Civic 1.6 Earth Dream diesel (very nice engine) just had all new tyres and service. (got all the extras ready, beam benders, breathalisers, warning triangles, dayglow jackets, first aid, bulb set, extinguisher and toilet paper (Hahahaha!) the future east you get the less toilet seats and paper you see.  :o
Though if I was by myself I would take the Jazz.

Tags:

anything