Author Topic: Correct spare wheeel ?  (Read 1883 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Correct spare wheeel ?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2019, 04:46:00 PM »
I will look at mine. Other than lifting the boot floor, and checking it was there, I have barely given it a second thought. It has never been on the car and tools are still sealed in their original packing.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2019, 05:09:24 PM »
Other than lifting the boot floor, and checking it was there, I have barely given it a second thought. It has never been on the car and tools are still sealed in their original packing.

Ours has. I drove back from Malton with the Jazz spare on the offside front, at night and in the wet, and getting anywhere near 50mph was a bit hair raising. Not much grip on left hand bends, and the smaller overall diameter meant that the car already had a permanent list on before you took the bend!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2019, 05:38:52 PM »
Other than lifting the boot floor, and checking it was there, I have barely given it a second thought. It has never been on the car and tools are still sealed in their original packing.

Ours has. I drove back from Malton with the Jazz spare on the offside front, at night and in the wet, and getting anywhere near 50mph was a bit hair raising. Not much grip on left hand bends, and the smaller overall diameter meant that the car already had a permanent list on before you took the bend!

Yeah,  I have used space saver a couple of times and it is not an experience I am keen to repeat anytime soon. It is much better than the gunk and pump though..... but IMHO you still can't beat a full sized wheel and tyre in the boot, which means you can continue your journey in safety and get the puncture fixed as and when the opportunity arises.   I know it is getting more and more common for people to call out AA, RAC etc to their car when they have a puncture, it is now probably their biggest call out reason, where a flat battery was on top for a long, long time.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 05:53:19 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: