Author Topic: Forgive me  (Read 1429 times)

guest7630

Forgive me
« on: April 11, 2018, 10:28:14 PM »
I have posted in the forum without introducing myself. A recent Jazz owner after a few Civics, nearer 60 than 50 (stereotype Jazz owner?) Divorced, daughter living with me between flats and just about keeping the wolf from the door. I'll be doing my own maintenance mostly to save costs, so any help would be valued.

Thanks x

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: Forgive me
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 06:04:01 AM »
In my experience, a semi competent DIYer can maintain a Jazz to a high standard very cheaply and fairly easily. If I can do it at 70 years old, anyone can...

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 02:46:22 PM »
Well done ReverseParker, all the time you can manage to do the work yourself keep going. I had to stop after maintaining my own vehicles for over 60 yrs due to the dreaded arthritis.
Only the morning my neighbour related a tale of a 3 yr old Skoda 15000 miles was going to fail it's MOT due to discs and pads worn out. The husband took the message and told the garage to hold off, he then rang his wife to put her in the picture. Sure enough garage ( presumably a Skoda dealer) rang his wife at work, with the same tale hoping the wife would say go ahead. Well it backfired, another garage did the MOT and absolutely nothing wrong.  It is now a matter of Skoda being involved. So if you can keep going.

JohnAlways

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.2i-VTEC S (AC) 2013
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 04:41:53 PM »
Welcome ReverseParker.

The Jazz routine servicing is very straightforward and there are lots of DIY guides on here. You'll learn most people have answers to your questions and you'll soon get the hang of things. Be aware you have 8 spark plugs to start with :)

Seems like the weather might be just right next week for some DIY

Johncb500

• Approved Member
  • Honda owner since 1971,on 2 and 4 wheels
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX 2012-CB500/4 1974
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 05:59:08 PM »
I am the same. I keep my Honda bike running. Also another. Plus a little Corolla.but looking under the bonnet and it's lack of room is a little daunting.
Is there a good Mk2 manual about?
My first job maybe changing the CVT FLUID.
And advice well received

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 08:06:12 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Tags:

anything