Author Topic: Dash board reflection  (Read 2577 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Dash board reflection
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2021, 11:36:02 AM »
It is dngerous for me if I dont have the felt or poloriods

Maybe try looking through the windscreen instead of looking at the windscreen...  8)
How smart such a SIMPLE SOLUTION

You are still seeing the very annoying reflection,  it is like a head up display......

That means, if I follow your reasoning, that a head up display is also "very annoying" and according to others here dangerous?

In the rare case where one is fitted a head up display only covers a small area,  the reflections in MK2 Jazz cover pretty much the whole 'A zone' area above the limits of steering wheel rim ( the area in which you are not allowed to mount any equipment such as satnavs and dashcams and if you have a windscreen chip the vehicle will fail MOT).  Why doesn't Euro NCAP cover things like the reflection od badly designed dash in the windscreen.  The Civic is so much more relaxing to drive because it doesn't have the horrible reflection.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

edam

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2021, 03:15:26 PM »
I like the head up display description which is exactly how it looks.
Going back to the original question does the MK4 have this problem.
I have asked a couple of salesmen who have said it doesn,t but they have never seen it on a MK3 either

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2021, 04:28:52 PM »
I don't think it's been mentioned yet , but when I had my Jazz, some members were buying special fitted dash mats from AlieExpress to fix this problem. Perhaps a search will find this.
I sometimes had the problem in my Jazz, and would suggest height of the driver is a factor-- possibly taller drivers are looking through the screen at a different angle so would not see the reflection. I am definitely not one of the taller drivers !

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2021, 06:25:25 PM »
I sometimes had the problem in my Jazz, and would suggest height of the driver is a factor-- possibly taller drivers are looking through the screen at a different angle so would not see the reflection. I am definitely not one of the taller drivers !
More accurately it's the position of the eyes combined with the slope of the windscreen. The problem is worse on the Jazz than on many other vehicles because the windscreen is set well forwards to maximise internior space and this results in a long dashboard.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2021, 08:39:08 PM »
possibly taller drivers are looking through the screen at a different angle so would not see the reflection.
I am 6' 1" tall and the reflections on my Mk 1 Jazz are terrible. They never prevent me from seeing what is ahead but were very annoying, to begin with. Now, like floaters in your vision, I seldom notice them.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2021, 09:04:56 AM »
Going back to the original question does the MK4 have this problem.
The angle is much flatter in the Mk4, but it definitely has a strong dash board reflection if the sun is low. I experienced this yesterday evening.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2022, 12:08:25 PM »
After using Tesco matt dash cleaner (recommended on here), I don't really have any issues with reflections in my car.

However, I had a crosstar loan car last week and the reflections are awful in that - driving early morning with low sun it's really bad.

Likely they have used some type of cleaner that causes the reflections. Or it hasn't been cleaned and that's how it was from the factory.

(I've also noticed that Honda sets the headlights too high on the cars in the factory - mine were too high before the first service, and the ones on the crosstar are the same.)

Worthingmike

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mark 4 Jazz EX
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2022, 12:59:42 PM »
I dont have a problem with the jazz. I dont think I have ever owned a car which didnt have some reflection in the windscreen. But it has never been a problem. If you look at the windscreen then you can see a reflection but looking through i dont see it. Those cars with heated windscreen with the wires in can be very visible, but you dont notice them when driving as you are not looking at the windscreen but through it. .

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2022, 03:37:06 PM »
It's been almost a year since I wrote:

It is dngerous for me if I dont have the felt or poloriods

Maybe try looking through the windscreen instead of looking at the windscreen...  8)
If nothing goes right, go left!

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2022, 03:55:44 PM »
Two cars driven back to back in the same conditions-

My own EX with the dashboard cleaned using Matt dash cleaner… no reflection issues.

Vs

A loan Crosstar EX that isn’t mine… awful dash reflections, the worst I’ve seen in a car.

I think they both use the same plastic for the dash, so it must be due to products applied to them.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2022, 08:22:49 AM »
I've changed my dashboard glare solution to these bad boys :

I think they do a slightly better job than the Tesco stuff but there's not a lot in it.

Let's be careful out there !

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2022, 09:21:28 AM »
Here’s the reflection from an untreated crosstar dashboard with low sun.

On my own EX I wouldn’t even notice the reflections after matt dash treatment.

Tags: