Author Topic: Main button rationale?  (Read 738 times)

GGT

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz EX NAVI CVT
Main button rationale?
« on: May 11, 2021, 09:44:02 PM »
What is the rationale of the Main button? We all know it toggles the car in and out of cruise and limit modes, but why? Why not have the Set/-, Res/+, Cancel and Lim buttons active all the time? Having to activate automatic speed control with the Main button seems an unnecessary faff to me. I leave mine activated all the time. Glad it stays in mode and you don't have to activate it every journey. Also, why is it labelled Main on the Jazz when on the Fit it is labelled more appropriately Cruise?

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
Re: Main button rationale?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 09:28:03 AM »
I assume there is some small power consumption when the system is activated.  Also, you lose the digital clock in the display.  I only switch mine on when I want cruise control, which is not normally in urban areas.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 09:40:45 AM »
You have to have a switch that toggles between the cruise control and the two speed limiters, otherwise you wouldn't be able to select the one that you want. I suppose you could have three separate buttons but that seems unnecessary. Maybe there's a case for calling it something other than "Main" if that's confusing, but that's not something I'd lose sleep over.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 12:41:32 PM »
On my system the “Lim” button scrolls through the three modes.  The “Main” button is simply an on/off switch and might be better labelled as such.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 03:58:24 PM »
On my system the “Lim” button scrolls through the three modes.  The “Main” button is simply an on/off switch and might be better labelled as such.
D'oh, absolutely right! Senior moment ...

Tags:

anything