Author Topic: Vaccination Experiences  (Read 14118 times)

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
Re: Vaccination Experiences
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2021, 01:07:25 PM »
Took the wife for her jab, I'm her sole carer as she has Multiple System Atrophy.
All went well ......bar coded appointments, I did ask if I could have the jab as well. They were very polite but no bar code no jab. I suppose it's a traceability issue.
Just have to stay safe a bit longer until it's my turn.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 03:14:17 PM by Derkie54 »
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Johncb500

• Approved Member
  • Honda owner since 1971,on 2 and 4 wheels
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX 2012-CB500/4 1974
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2021, 02:15:09 PM »
Just got a call.
12 noon.wednesday 10th

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

JimSh

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2021, 03:09:18 PM »
Hi There,
 Phone message last Wednesday giving me date time and location for today 10min walk, got there 15min early 1st stop name check 30secs, 2nd stop waiting chairs 15secs, 3rd stop go to doorway of room 10secs, 4th stop sit down confirm name and question about allergies and meds being taken then INJECTION Oxford ab, card given 1min30secs, then out the door done.
Congratulations. I think you are the current record holder.  ;)

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2021, 04:39:54 PM »
At a Plymouth vaccination centre they have just increased capacity from 1000 to 3000 per day.  Unfortunately they did not foresee the consequences; people have been reporting queuing outside for up to 90 minutes, not a good thing in the current weather conditions.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2021, 04:46:16 PM »
At a Plymouth vaccination centre they have just increased capacity from 1000 to 3000 per day.  Unfortunately they did not foresee the consequences; people have been reporting queuing outside for up to 90 minutes, not a good thing in the current weather conditions.

Apparently the problems by us were caused by people turning up way too early ( hours sometimes ) for vaccination appointments thinking they would be attended to quicker,  but it doesn't work like that.....
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2021, 08:19:01 AM »
Just had the Pfizer vaccine and sitting for 15 minutes before I can go home. No pain or discomfort during the vaccination. My appointment was 08:00 and I sat down here at 08:10. Some of the staff didn't manage in or were coming in late but there were 8 booths and 6 were jabbing away.
None of the queues shown on the news on Monday.

hemming

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2021, 09:08:15 AM »
Glad you've got the Pfizer jab. We had our Astrazeneca jabs a few days before the doubts arose, so niggling doubts lurk at the back of the mind.
The jabs were done in Gloucestershire - but absolutely no mention or obvious indication of having a sit down afterwards!
Same goes for the annual flu jab (or is that different?).

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2021, 10:22:06 AM »
The nurse who gave me my vaccine said because it is the Pfizer jab I had to sit for 15 minutes. Same delay with the Flu jab (in case you are allergic to chickens!).

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2021, 10:29:35 AM »
Glad you've got the Pfizer jab. We had our Astrazeneca jabs a few days before the doubts arose, so niggling doubts lurk at the back of the mind.
The jabs were done in Gloucestershire - but absolutely no mention or obvious indication of having a sit down afterwards!
Same goes for the annual flu jab (or is that different?).

They are still worried about reactions to Pfizer jab, so ask people to sit down for 15 minutes. No need to sit down after Astra jab, straight in and out. Scare stories about Astra vaccine, it still prevents illness serious enough to need hospital admission against SA strain, Oxford/Az have done a lot of trials to assess effectiveness,  don't know how many test the other vaccine makers have done.    Diseases like smallpox an polio were fairly easy to deal with using vaccine, because their virus hardly mutated, coronavirus is a whole new ballgame, they change their clothes more often than a catwalk model.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2021, 11:11:43 AM »
No need to sit down after Astra jab, straight in and out.
Not correct.
Whilst there are no reported anaphylactic reactions with the OAZ vaccine, it can make you a little woozy immediately afterwards. Procedure at the vacc centre I'm familiar with is to advise people not to drive for 15 minutes, and there is a seated recovery area when you leave the vaccinator. Some people may be able to leave immediately, but they've probably said they're not driving (or have chosen to wait in their car). I'd be surprised if other centres are different.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2021, 11:23:48 AM »
Procedure at the vacc centre I'm familiar with is to advise people not to drive for 15 minutes, and there is a seated recovery area when you leave the vaccinator. Some people may be able to leave immediately, but they've probably said they're not driving (or have chosen to wait in their car). I'd be surprised if other centres are different.

That's the same procedure that has been described to me by the folk I know who have been vaccinated, whether they have had the either the Pfizer or AZ vaccine. Several different vaccination centres / doctor's surgeries.

LJs JAZZ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 es cvt
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2021, 12:32:00 PM »
Have just had AZ jab, was asked if I had driven there, I confirmed that I had and was told not to drive for 15 minutes after jab, no waiting area provided though.

eoinrob

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: jazz series three
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2021, 12:51:10 PM »
 In Fife they over booked many due to a"computer error!".said there would be a three hour delay this was then extended to four hours! applied for a rebooking told I would be contacted within two days _still waiting!

Johncb500

• Approved Member
  • Honda owner since 1971,on 2 and 4 wheels
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX 2012-CB500/4 1974
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2021, 01:06:16 PM »
Have just had AZ jab, was asked if I had driven there, I confirmed that I had and was told not to drive for 15 minutes after jab, no waiting area provided though.
Same for me.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2021, 01:27:23 PM »
In Fife they booked vaccines manually for Monday then changed over to the computer system for Monday, so booked a double number of appointments for that day.
On Monday, I had to book a jab for a neighbour who luckily needed to cancel. I went online, picked the location and day and had a good choice of appointment times.

Tags:

anything