Author Topic: Loud engine noise - sudden  (Read 2604 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Loud engine noise - sudden
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2021, 09:38:40 PM »
Get a ceramic cat and they'll leave you alone. It's a serious crime that has no comeback to the thieves.

The crims can't see the CAT before they get under the car and once they are under there they will nick it and find out later its not worth much... too late for you then.  Those plates fitted over the CAT have a lot to be said for them.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2021, 09:41:34 PM »
Get a ceramic cat and they'll leave you alone. It's a serious crime that has no comeback to the thieves.

The crims can't see the CAT before they get under the car and once they are under there they will nick it and find out later its not worth much... too late for you then.  Those plates fitted over the CAT have a lot to be said for them.

Totally agree, which is why I have just had a Catloc fitted. They are extremely thick stainless steel.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 09:43:50 PM by UKjim »

Lozasril

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2005
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2021, 07:49:14 AM »
This time the cat was really stolen  >:( .12 miles away from the first attempt, so probably by different people.

I know the drive will be extremely noisy, and that it is illegal but is it safe to drive the car for about 10 miles, in order to get it serviced?

I love the car but after this I'll probably sell it. Can't afford to keep replacing catalytic converters.

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2021, 10:44:06 AM »
This time the cat was really stolen  >:( .12 miles away from the first attempt, so probably by different people.

I know the drive will be extremely noisy, and that it is illegal but is it safe to drive the car for about 10 miles, in order to get it serviced?

I love the car but after this I'll probably sell it. Can't afford to keep replacing catalytic converters.

That’s really rotten luck, I’m sure you you wouldn’t do any lasting harm driving it a short distance.

Lozasril

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2005
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2021, 01:14:32 PM »
Thank you, I'm going to try.

Tags:

anything