Author Topic: Could the new Jazz be built at Swindon?  (Read 3256 times)

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
Could the new Jazz be built at Swindon?
« on: March 25, 2014, 01:59:29 PM »
Honda have announced job cuts and are cutting down from 3 shifts to 2 at Swindon. So could the excess capacity at Swindon be used to build the next generation Jazz for Europe, which was due to be produced in Japan from 2015?

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/honda-slash-production-swindon-placing-340-jobs-risk

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Could the new Jazz be built at Swindon?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 05:00:33 PM »
I'm hearing the plant has a limited life & doesn't seem to feature in Honda long term plans. The new 2015 Fit will be built  for EU in Japan and China

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 05:33:30 PM »
My 2009 ES built in Japan had a couple of minor assembly issues, my 2013 ES seemed much better although seems to be slightly less economical.

I would prefer a new Honda built in Japan rather than China though.

guest4631

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 07:49:35 PM »
I think Honda have been slow to move into the niche models that are selling well at the moment, small SUVs.

It might be a depressed UK market but Nissan is selling Qashqais like hot cakes and just in case you want something smaller, they now have the Juke. A car dealer told me they are constantly asked by customers for cars with a higher seating position. I drove a Yeti last week and it was excellent, if it was a couple of thousand less and with interest free credit I would have been tempted.

A good car to bring to Swindon for the European market would be the proposed Jazz based SUV.

Tags: