Author Topic: Wing Mirror  (Read 922 times)

coffeecup

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift
Wing Mirror
« on: June 16, 2020, 10:28:24 AM »
Hi

Mother In Law has smashed her passenger wing mirror (bright orange 2015 car) and will need complete unit, can get one from a breakers with just a little scratch on it, and it is the right colour for £150.

Honda's site is down, so they can't tell me how much one from them is. So i don't know if this is a good deal or not.

Anyone had one done from Honda?? And how much. Easy job to fit, so not bothered about that.

Many thanks

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
Re: Wing Mirror
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 12:18:47 PM »
Looking the prices from the internet (www.parts-honda.uk), it can easily be £100 more, so I would call that a good deal.

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 01:03:42 PM »
have a look on coxmotorparts.co.uk, separate prices for mirror body, glass, coloured cap and the indicator depending on what you need

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 01:13:00 PM »
I shudder to think what a complete unit would cost over the parts counter at a dealer. As Mick says above, you can get the separate bits you need to repair, if that helps.

Just had a quick flick through sold items on eBay, sold prices for mk3 wing mirrors seem to be £120-£150, so it's in the range for secondhand. No orange ones sold though, so they're probably rarer than some colours.

You could have luck with one of the 'parts finder' type websites, where you submit a request for the part you want and dismantlers make offers, but eBay is often cheaper for run-of-the-mill stuff.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 01:44:07 PM »
A complete mirror assembly from Honda in the right colour is over £300. I got one from a breakers on EBay in the right colour for £96 delivered but I can't remember their name.
The item was guaranteed and there was a picture of the donor car.
You must ensure that it is the correct mirror for your car specification as there are variations according to model.

Vic.

Tags: