Author Topic: New Honda HR-V Lands in the UK  (Read 20781 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
New Honda HR-V Lands in the UK
« on: August 13, 2015, 08:19:13 PM »

The first HR-Vs have arrived here in the UK at Bristol docks!

http://hondanews.eu/gb/en/cars/media/pressreleases/59728/new-honda-hr-v-lands-in-the-uk
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 11:45:29 AM by RichardA »

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
Re: New Honda HR-V Lands in the UK
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 07:04:17 PM »
Surprised they mentioned that it came from Mexico - I thought they'd have tried to keep that quiet.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 09:19:51 PM »
One of the earlier reviews of the H-RV commented on the fact that they are being built in Mexico and expressed concern at the potential build quality and the possible short supply of right hand drive, UK spec models because the US may take  priority.

Vic.

guest4324

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 08:58:25 PM »
To be quite honest I wouldn't really be too worried about them being built in Mexico, they've been knocking out VW beetles for years and I also don't think Honda would have a plant there without controlling the quality. My Jazz is Chinese built and "touch wood" after 6 years and 94000km it's still like new.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 10:43:20 AM »
I'm annoyed with the whole new Jazz / HR-V thing - I feel Honda is treating us very badly getting the cars so late, and the HR-V pricing just looks silly, as evidenced by discounts and packages being immediately available.  The reviews of HR-V aren't exactly raving either - no-one seems sure which engine is best and only the petrol can be had with auto.

Once you're into the 20's of ŁK other cars come into play and over the weekend we ordered a Tiguan.  I know that's coming to end of its life but we're both fed up waiting and we got a good deal on 4 wheel drive auto diesel Tig so went for it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 10:44:55 AM by Rory »

Defender

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 EX CVT
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 08:44:13 AM »
Spotted an HRV sat outside my local dealer this morning! same colour as in the picture too.
There were lots of quality issues with the new Jazz's that were built in Mexico and delivered to the USA, hopefully Honda will have sorted those out by now, so perhaps getting the HRV and new Jazz isn't so bad after all?
2011 1.4 EX CVT in Metalic Mushroom (Urban Titanium).

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 03:16:46 PM »
Ihave never ever bought a car within two years of its launch date..and still will not.

Plastic timing chains (VW), swirl flaps(BMW), etc etc.. designed by idiots for customers to test to destruction and makers to deny all responsibility when out of warranty.

Rory

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 06:35:23 PM »
Ihave never ever bought a car within two years of its launch date..and still will not.

That was part of my thinking too.  Although, to be fair, it's been out nearly a year in some markets.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 08:12:37 PM »
I briefly sat in the back of an HRV today in the local showroom. The front seats have a decent amount of space but the back seat knee and head room looks to be worse than the new Jazz. So the "Jazz on stilts" description that we were once using to describe the HRV isn't quite appropriate. However, the HRV might beat the Jazz on boot space with the seats up but I didn't look.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest5411

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 08:50:31 PM »
See one in Peterborough yesterday, must be a demo car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harry22673

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 09:09:56 AM »
See one in Peterborough yesterday, must be a demo car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm Peterborough as well
I'll have to have a look at marshalls

Rory

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 07:05:43 PM »
I briefly sat in the back of an HRV today in the local showroom. The front seats have a decent amount of space but the back seat knee and head room looks to be worse than the new Jazz. So the "Jazz on stilts" description that we were once using to describe the HRV isn't quite appropriate. However, the HRV might beat the Jazz on boot space with the seats up but I didn't look.

I know the magic seats are...magic :) but I think a sliding rear seat would be more useful in practice.   My daughter's previous car, Mitsubishi Colt, could have almost limo-like rear seat space.  It's particularly an issue if you're putting kids seats in the back as they're all so bulky.

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 07:17:58 PM »
I sat in a HRV yesterday at local dealer. The quality is good and there's plenty of space inside making all feel in a different league to a Nissan Juke or Renault Captur.

guest5673

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 07:44:17 PM »

welcome home

Speedy HR-V

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tags: news hrv 

anything