Author Topic: Honda Service & Free MOT question  (Read 8024 times)

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
Honda Service & Free MOT question
« on: August 04, 2010, 07:04:33 PM »
I read somewhere on the net that some Honda Dealers offer a free MOT when cars are serviced at the dealership. Is this anything anyone knows about and is this the case with the Honda Happiness 5 year service plan?

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Honda Service & Free MOT question
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 08:20:36 PM »
Well my dad's Honda had free mot's so long as they serviced it, so ask your dealer and see.

guest547

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 09:19:54 AM »
Had one last week at Collins Honda East Sussex -it was offered in 2009 and I asked them if it was still available this year
good luck
Geoff

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 05:06:17 PM »
I think it depends on the dealer and may only be offered if they sold you the car.

JOCK55

• Approved Member
  • Returned and hopefully not forgotten!
  • My Honda: 2009, 1.4 EX Manual
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 05:48:35 PM »
When I bought my 1.4 EX in 2009 and purchased the £550 5 year service plan, I was told so long as the dealer that sold me the car continued to do the routing maintenance, then all MOT's would be free. This has since been confirmed in writing. Still just under 2 years to go for the first MOT, but £550 seems to be an excellent deal if you are getting MOT testing thrown in for free!  ::)
My other car is a 2015 Range Rover Sport....
No, seriously, it is!!!

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 11:02:04 AM »
That sounds about right. I use the same dealer as gdlink for servicing but they didn't supply the car which would explain why they didn't offer me a free MoT.

guest809

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 11:23:17 PM »
When our Jazz was under three years old I kept the Honda service history up to date and obtained a free MOT alongside the third service. In case it matters, it was also the dealer which sold us the car.

(I also wanted a Honda dealer to do the MOT before the warranty ran out so that they could identify any defects which they could then repair under warranty).

Since then I have done my own servicing using Honda parts but get the MOT at half price through Nationwide (now part of Halfords Group) by downloading the voucher from the Autotrader web site.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 04:52:11 PM »
When I bought my 1.4 EX in 2009 and purchased the £550 5 year service plan, I was told so long as the dealer that sold me the car continued to do the routing maintenance, then all MOT's would be free. This has since been confirmed in writing.

When I bought our EX and the service plan last Sept, I asked about including the MOT and they said no!

That said, I tend to use our village garage for MOTs anyway, it's well known that franchised dealers and fast-fit places will do MOTs cheap as they use them to generate work.  I slipped up on daughter's SEAT Ibiza a couple of years ago and the dealer created £250 worth of random work.  I eventually got a refund from SEAT but it was a lot of hassle.

guest1521

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 09:16:47 PM »
I've used my local Borough Council Testing Station for MOTs so as to avoid the 'vested interest' of a dealer/garage doing unnecessary work. Independent ('MOTs only') testing stations are becoming more prevalent - here's one of them.

http://www.justmots.eu/?gclid=CJP_646txqMCFYeY2Aodk1WvXA

Tags: